CHAPTER 31: HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO KIND?

Recap -

"No!!" Marina shouted getting up as she pushed the man away.

"Damn!!" Nathan muttered to himself.
------------------------------------------------------
"So, you are awake, Princess?" The whip man said as he got back to his feet.

"Aren't you one beautiful woman? No wonder you are so much desired? But, every bad deed needs a punishment and see you untied your rope. Now, embrace yourself for your punishment," The man remarked as he laughed humorlessly while his eyes shamelessly raked over Marina's body.

He wrapped the whip around his hand and aimed it at Marina, ready to give her two-three lashes. Marina embraced herself for the impact, but to her surprise, it never came. She opened her eyes to see Nathan gripping the whip man's wrist and glaring at him.

"Don't you dare look at my wife like that and you better talk to her with respect," Nathan ordered through gritted teeth as he twisted the man's hand while pinning it behind the back.

Seeing Nathan and Marina free, all the men surrounded them, each holding a sword to attack.

"Don't worry, I will not let anyone harm-" Nathan stopped himself midway, surprised by seeing Marina fighting swiftly with her sword.

"Pay attention," Marina shouted as she pushed Nathan away and her sword clinked with one of the men's sword that was aiming for Nathan.

"Uh-Yeah," Nathan replied concentrating on the armed men.

Marina and Nathan continued to fight while standing against each other's back. In this way, the two could concentrate on the men in front of them without worrying for a attack from behind.

The fight continued for a while, both of them were tired. There were more men than they had thought and clearly the two were outnumbered. Twenty against two ain't fair, right?

Just then one of the swordsmen kicked Nathan's knee, temporarily making him lose his balance. Nathan quickly regained his balance, the sword narrowly missed his heart and instead brushed against his shoulder. Nathan winced as his white sleeve quickly stained with blood.

"You are hurt-"

"No, I am fine. Just don't stop," Nathan said while continuing to fight.

Just then the sound of footsteps was heard. Everyone turned towards the entrance of the cave where Ally and Lucca stood along with the soldiers.

Soon they all started to fight. The fight barely lasted ten minutes, the kidnappers were clearly outnumbered. Five of them ran away while the rest were killed during the fight.

"Sire, are you fine?" Lucca asked worriedly.

"Yes, it's just a small cut."

"Marines, what about you?" Ally asked in unison.

"I am all good. Now, let's go back."

"We have already set the camp for everyone," Lucca informed both Nathan and Marina as they all started to go back.

After reaching their tents, Nathan's injury was immediately treated by a healer. Yes, a practicing healer also accompanied them.

"So, did you catch the five of them?" Nathan asked Lucca.

The two of them were sitting outside a tent, discussing about the unexpected attack while the healer treated the injuries of the wounded soldier.

"I am afraid to say, but, no sire, they escaped."

"Any idea, who could have done this?"

"It is difficult to pinpoint anyone because many people knew about your journey and then you have too many enemies too, all waiting to attack you."

"You are right, but, I doubt their intention was to kill. I mean, if they wanted they could have killed us while we were sleeping. Besides, they seemed too efficient and trained for ordinary thieves and killers."

"You are right, sire. They were really skilled, skilled enough to wound ten of our soldiers."

"*Sigh* By the way, have you seen Marina?" Nathan asked while getting up.

"I think I saw one of the Miss Schweitzer's go towards the tent of the wounded."

"Well, then Marina would be there too."

"Why so?"

"Because Ally never leave her alone. That reminds me how did you find us?" Nathan asked Lucca as the two continued to walk towards the tent of the wounded.

"We followed your carriage's wheel marks and when we came to a dead end. We all split up to find you. It was all the idea of the Schweitzer sisters. Thank God, we came at the right time."

"True, they really are very efficient soldiers, right?"

"No doubt, sire," Lucca replied as the two entered the tent of the wounded.

At one end of the tent, Marina stood bandaging a soldier's arm while Ally held the equipments. Nathan silently observed the whole scene. He always wondered how someone could be so kind. If there was some other Princess, she would have cringed at the sight of the blood and would have never stepped inside this tent, in the fear of catching some disease or bacteria.

But, contrary to all the Princess', there stood Princess Marina happily treating the injuries of the soldiers. Not a sign of disgust but only a smile gracing her face as she continued with her task.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. But, you really shouldn't have done it, I was fine like that," The wounded soldier said to Marina.

"No need to thank me. You all do so much to protect your people and kingdom. So, compared to all that, it's nothing. Take care and get well soon," Marina answered, getting up from her crouched position.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. It's because of you, all of them got their wounds treated at the right time," Marcus, the healer, thanked Princess Marina.

"Oh it was nothing, I am just glad they all are fine," Marina replied as her eyes landed on Nathan.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
Okay, there are three things I wanted to tell you all.

Firstly, El Destino came second in the Car Awards overall (all catogries included). Yay!!🙌🙌

Secondly, I have changed the summary of my book. flowerofpomona helped me a lot in it. Thank you so much flowerofpomona.😍😍😍

Lastly, my vacations are coming to an end and I have tons of work left to do, including two projects😧😥. As a result, I am going back to weekly Sunday updates. Sorry guys, but,  I will try to squeeze some updates.😊

Back to story, I know this chapter wasn't much interesting. But, trust me, upcoming ones would totally make up for it. So what are your views on Maran?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)