CHAPTER 16 : WHO ARE YOU?

Unaware of what was happening inside the four walls of the Palace of Alves, Marina, Oliver, Anne and Belle along with Nathan continued to roam around in the royal garden.

"I saw someone there," Marina said while pointing in the east direction.

"We never saw any--"

Before Anne could even complete her sentence, Marina ram off in the east direction.

"Not again..." Anne groaned as the two sisters ran behind Marina.

In the meanwhile, Oliver and Nathan were strolling around in the other side of the garden.

If looks could kill, Nathan would be six feet under the ground because that's exactly how Oliver's murderous glare seemed to be. The atmosphere seemed so thick with tension that one could probably cut it with a knife.

"So, my sister is engaged to you because you declared her your fiance in front of everyone yesterday."

"Yes, I--"

"I know why you did that. Just because I am not with Marina, does not mean that I don't have any knowledge about what is happening in her life," Oliver said his voice too calm and cold.

"I know you are angry at how the events unfurled, I am sure I would have been too. I mean any brother would want the best for their sister, a happy life, a beautiful marriage. Not an unexpected, kind of forced marriage. I respect you Prince Oliver for the love you have for your sister. Frankly speaking, I am not sure I want this marriage--"

"You mean, you don't think my sister is good enough for you?" Oliver asked, his jaw hardening and fists clenched.

"No that's not what I meant. What I meant was this is all really unexpected for me too. I know for the fact you would not have wanted Ma- Princess Marina to be married to me. All because of my kingdom's reputation for the treatment of women. But, I promise you, I will try my best to ease things out for your sister, to help her through all this," Nathan said, not breaking his eye contact with Oliver.

"Well, you are honest and I like that you are willing to fight the odds. I guess I am fine with you," Oliver replied while breaking the eye contact as his face breaks into a smile.

"Really??" Nathan asked shocked to see that Oliver agreed so easily.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean if you do anything wrong, I will just stand at the side and let you do your will. You will always be under my watch."

Nathan sighed, he knew Marina was difficult and in all that he had completely forgotten about her brother, Prince Oliver. Nathan was a bit afraid by Oliver's reaction to this marriage. But, thankfully he agreed without much fuss.

Though, one thing was clear to Nathan after their talk, that Oliver was a very loving and caring brother and the fact that Marina was very much pampered.

As they continued to walk, Nathan saw Marina crouched in front of a door. He rushed towards Marina on realizing it was Catherine's room.

"Hello Princess Marina, how may I help you?" Nathan greeted Marina formally, his attempt to not spark an argument.

"Hello Na-Prince Nathaniel," Marina said, mentally groaning at herself for the slip of tongue.

"You can still call me Nathan. I did not lie to you about my name, my nickname is Nathan," Nathan replied to Marina while not breaking their eye contact. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"So, what are you doing here?"

"I was just walking in the garden, when I saw a little girl here. Before, I could ask her anything she ran away and locked herself in this room."

"You want to meet her?"

"Yes? Can I?"

" *Knock, Knock* Cathy? Catherine? Open the door. It's me, Nathan," Nathan said his voice softer than usual and a smile tugging on his lips.

Slowly the door opened and Nathan beckoned Marina inside. As soon as Catherine saw Nathan, she quickly pulled him in a hug. However, on seeing Marina, she quickly hid behind Nathan.

Marina eyed the hazel eyed blonde haired girl. Even though she seemed weak and frail, she was beautiful. Her long blonde locks beautifully decorating her oval face.

Marina crouched before Catherine and with a warm smile, askes her,

"Who are you? What is your name?"

After a minute or two, when Marina didn't move, her smile firm on her lips, Catherine moved forward towards Marina.

"I-I am Princess Cath-Catherine Verdirosi," Princess Catherine replied, while stuttering in fear.

"You have a sister?"

Nathan just shrugged leaving Marina and Catherine, who seemed less scared of Marina and joined Prince Oliver, who had followed Nathan.

"What is your age, sweetie?"

"Eight years."

"You made these paintings? Wow, they are so beautiful," Marina remarked while admiring the paintings hung on the walls.

"Really? You like them?" Catherine asked while smiling, the fear finally disappearing from her eyes.

"Now, that's a smile worth all the Torrentice... You should smile more, it suits you," Marina said while patting Catherine's back.

"Who are you? I have never seen you before?"

"I am Princess Marina of Torrentice. This is my first visit to Alves."

"Then you should leave quickly. Mother and father don't like girls, my father will harm you."

Marina silently watched the eight year old thin girl whose eyes were filled with fear again. Suddenly, anger coursed through her veins.

How could someone be so cruel to their own daughter? Marina thought to herself. It was not hard to connect all the dots together.

"It's okay, sweetie. Nothing is going to happen to me or you," Marina said while pulling a scared Catherine into a hug.

"Princess Catherine is your half - sister, if I am not wrong?" Prince Oliver asked Nathan, as the brothers observed their sisters together.

"Yes, she may be my half-sister, but I love her more than anyone. It's a surprise you know, besides me, my sister never talks to anyone, not to her maids too."

"My sister is the kindest person, I have ever known. It's hard not to love her," Prince Oliver said while smiling at her sister.

Nathan too looked at Marina and just for a second, he thought maybe this marriage won't be that bad. But, he dismissed this thought almost as quickly as it crossed his mind.

************************************************************
Hello dear readers!! I am back as promised I updated on 10th. My summer vacations have been preponed to 13th. Yay!! So I will be updating more frequently after 13th.

What did you think of Oliver and Catherine?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. "El Destino" crossed 500 reads. I am so happy, thanks to all of my readers for their constant support.