CHAPTER 34: CHRISTOPHER

It had been three days since Marina and Nathan's journey to Mystic Falls had started. Marina's wounds had healed with the help of ice fomentation and tonic, no, "orange juice".

It was their fourth day of journey and all the soldiers were busy setting up the tents for tonight. While Lucca and Nathan sat on wooden logs, engrossed in a serious conversation. Their soldiers had returned empty handed yesterday. Yes, the kidnappers had escaped.

Nathan was not only disappointed but angry too, he personally wanted to confront those kidnappers and learn about their mastermind because clearly someone had to be behind all this kidnapping, someone influential enough to give shelter to those kidnappers.

"Sire, I have notified all the forts. Hopefully, they will be caught soon."

"Hopefully..." Nathan muttered to himself.

"How many more days will it take to reach Mystic Falls?"

"Two-Three more days, sire," Lucca replied.

Sighing Nathan stood up, his eyes looking around, trying to find someone.

"Sire, I saw Miss Schweitzers going towards the left side of the camp area."

"Okay, but, why are you telling me about it?"

"You once told me that the Schweitzer sisters never leave Your Highness alone. So, that means she will be there too."

"Uh-Yeah, but, how did you know I was finding, Marina?" Nathan asked Lucca while frowning.

"It's obvious, sire, except Your Highness who else would you be finding?" Lucca asked while smirking.

"You know you can always call me Nathan," Nathan said, ignoring the latter part of Lucca's sentence while walking towards the left side of the camp area.

"But I prefer to call you sire."

"Your choice," Nathan replied, looking for Marina but he could only see Anne, who was busy tying the tents.

"Anne, where is Marina?"

"Good afternoon, Your Majesty. Marines is with Belle in the cooking area, I will take you there."

When the three of them reached the cooking area, they only found Belle helping the servants to cook, but, no sign of Marina.

"Belle, where is Marines? You should be with her right?" Anne asked while keeping her hands on her hips.

"Yes, she was here only..." Belle answered while frantically looking for Marina in every direction.

"What do you mean by she was here only? Where is she now?" Nathan asked Ally worriedly.

"We will go look for her at once," Ally replied before running off to find Marina.

~On the other side~

A boy was running around on the top of a mountain base while bouncing his ball. The little boy was so engrossed in playing that he never noticed he was standing at the end of the cliff.

Marina gasped on seeing the little boy, standing so dangerously close to his death. She ran to help him, but, the ground cracked, making the boy fall.

Marina who was running towards the boy, leapt forward, hugging the little boy tightly as she prepared herself for the impact. But, instead, she felt someone grabbing her ankles. She quickly opened her eyes, only to find Belle holding her ankles, followed by Anne who was holding Belle's knees.

As they, the boy and Marina, were being pulled up she saw Lucca and Nathan also helping Ally. As soon as Marina reached the ground, Nathan pulled her into a hug, squeezing the kid in between. The boy pushed Nathan away while Marina laughed as Nathan and the boy had a glaring competition.

"So, care to explain, why you were practicing jumping from cliffs or to put in a better way how to break once bones?" Belle asked angrily while not missing a beat.

"I was saving the kid," Marina answered honestly.

"And what about your safety? If we hadn't arrived then God knows what would have happened to you!!" Anne snapped at Marina.

"But you came and I am safe and sound, standing in front of you in one piece," Marina replied trying to ease out the tension.

"But, this does not end here. How can you be so careless? Good thing Ally found you at the right time or things could have turned pretty bad. Do you ever think before acting?" Nathan asked while scolding Marina.

"No, I always listen to my heart. If we think and act, then we are listening to the brain, which ain't my preference," Marina replied, placing the little boy on the ground.

"What is your name, honey? Are you hurt anywhere?" Marina asked the black haired brown eyed boy.

"Honey? Who calls us a kid honey?" Nathan muttered to himself.

Grow up, he's a kid. Stop being jealous. Nathan's inner voice mocked him.

"Recently, you are being around too much," Nathan replied to his voice, totally irritated.

I was always there, it's just, you are being too much of a stupid, lately. Nathan's inner voice mocked him again, before going silent.

"I am fine, thank you," the boy whispered.

"Don't be afraid to speak, no one is going to hurt you," Marina said politely while shooting daggers at a frowning Nathan.

"I-I am Christopher Esposito," the ten year old kid replied.

"Pleased to meet you Christopher. I am Princess Marina, though I preferred to be called Marina," Marina said while picking up Christopher in her arms and carrying him back to her tent.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
Yup, I updated on Sunday too!!

So, what was the best part of this chapter, according to you?
Come on guys, please answer. I would love to hear out your thoughts.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)