CHAPTER 52 - WORMS & WHISPERS!

Hey guys! Sorry for the soooooooo late update.

Recap -

Marina, Lucio, Ally, Nathan, Lucca and Brialle arrived from Benediozione (the hidden land aka Lucio's home) to Mystic Falls. There Lucio & Ally have to leave for Vincenzo Island to help Nathan's army crush a rising rebellion.

Meanwhile, Nathan and Lucca stay back, apparently to welcome Princess Adrimanda, who was Nathan's childhood best friend. Princess Admiranda poses as Nathan's bride to be. She explains that their marriage is purely political one to Marina.

On seeing Nathan and Admiranda together, Marina finally realized her feelings for Nathan as Nathan too accepts his feelings for Marina. One evening, when Nathan called Marina to his mansion, Marina blurts out her feelings for Nathan in anger.

It is revealed that Admiranda was playing Cupid to make the two stubborn royals accept their feelings and she was already engaged to a native tribe's Prince. As Nathan and Marina spend the night in the mansion, Nathan revealed that his mother didn't die of disease but was brutally stabbed by his father in his drunk state. The previous chapter ended with Nathan promising never to treat Marina the way his father treated his mother.

Phew...
That was longer than I intended it to be😅😅. Now off we go, in the present time.

At present - Mystic Falls' Palace, Alves.

It had been four days since Nathan and Marina had confessed their feelings to each other. The good thing was that the two were finally together, their relationship was going great. However, Ally and Lucio were returning today and Marina didn't know how they'd take the news about their confessions.

Marina nervously stood near the gate of the Palace, waiting for a best friends to arrive.

"If you keep that cute frown on your face anymore, I think I know how to turn it upside down," Nathan whispered in Marina's ear as the latter jumped in surprise.

Before Marina could reply to the devil, the gates opened announcing the arrival of our best friends.

"Marines!" Anne jumped out of nowhere, pulling Marina into a bone crushing hug.

"Anne leave Marina before you suffocate her," Belle said, scolding her younger twin.

"I'm not leaving her side for a single moment I miss you so much!!"

Before Anne could hug Marina again, Zitto came out of nowhere and perched himself on Anne's wrist.

"You will leave her side as soon as you know you are standing on a worm," Zitto replied, crackling.

Anne immediately jumped back in terror. If there was one thing Anne Schweitzer hated more than traitors, it was earth worms. The brownish pink colored crawling creatures squeezed the life of out her lungs by its mere name.

"There are no worms," Anne said, looking around cautiously.

"Now, there are," Zitto replied as he dropped four alive earth worms from his beak on Anne's brown boots.

"BLOODY WORMS!!" Anne screamed in horror and disgust as she jumped about and rushed inside the castle, leaving behind a string of profanities for the mischievous bird and the disgusting brownish pink crawling creatures.

On the other hand, Marina exchanged greetings with all her friends and even met Jake, Alicia's husband.

As everyone walked inside the castle, somebody suddenly pulled Marina aside.