CHAPTER 46: VINCENZO ISLAND

Recap -

Marina & Nathan along with Lucca, Lucio, Ally & Brialle arrive at Mystic falls, where they are greeted by Sir Greenrough, the Mayor of Mystic Falls. Marina gets to meet the royal huntress, Alicia Deander.
------------------------------------------------------

(At present, in the Mystic Falls Palace, Alves)

"What do you mean we need to go? We are Marina's bodyguards not royal soldiers. Then why do we need to go to help crush the revolt?" Anne scoffed angrily.

"For the first time, I agree with Anne. We have vowed never to leave Marina's side. I am sorry, but we can't go," Belle said calmly, looking at Lucio.

But, Lucio knew Ally better. Belle's calmness was not that of a Saint understanding everything, but of a volcano ready to erupt with its lava boiling slowly but steadily.

"Don't look at me like that. I just informed you what Prince Nathaniel told me to. It's not like I want to leave Mari's side," Lucio replied, mumbling the last part to himself.

"I don't get it, you three get to visit the other island for four to five days and I am expected to stay here. I want to go to!" Marina said, sulking like a kid who was refused by her parents to be taken to a carnival.

"But you can't and you won't," Nathan remarked, entering Marina's room.

"The revolt in the Vincenzo Island needs to be handled immediately. The Governor has secretly increased the army strength and the army in Mystic Falls does not have enough soldiers to crush the revolt. That's why the three of them need to go and help us out. These three are equal to six ordinary soldiers."

"Alves needs their help, so please don't refuse my orders. As for M-Princess Marina, you all don't need to worry about. In your absence, Alicia Deander, a royal huntress will be her bodyguard and companion," Nathan said, looking at Marina.

"Crap! I think he knows about my little exploration trip to the forest," Marina thought to herself.

"You think so?" Marina's inner voice replied sarcastically.

"Go away, I am as it is troubled. I don't need you to irritate me!"

"You do know by calling me irritating, you just called yourself irritating. Well, at least you know yourself."

"You--" Marina's thoughts were cut off by Nathan's words.

"I'll be accompanying you all too--"

"No way," Marina replied, cutting off Nathan midway.

"If you get to go, I get to go too."

"Don't be stubborn. You can get hurt--"

"Because I am a woman? Seriously, you claim to not discriminate between men and women and yet here is the reality," Marina replied angrily.

In the background Lucio and Ally slowly slipped out of the room, not wanting to be a part of the husband-wife quarrel.

"That's not what I meant--"

"Yes, I get exactly what you mean. You preach of equality when--" Marina's words were cut off as Nathan suddenly shut her mouth by covering it with his hand.

"Now, you listen carefully. I don't want you to go because I don't want you to get hurt. Don't you get it?"

"Humfhh."

"What? Oh sorry, I forgot to remove- Ouch! You did not have to bite me. I was as it is going to remove it," Nathan said, inspecting his hand.

"Well, you were taking too long to remove it. Besides, as much as I am thankful for your concern, I am still going to go, if you do."

"*Sigh* You are so stubborn. Why don't--" Nathan's words were cut off by the sound of someone knocking the door.

"Come in," Nathan and Marina said in unison.

"I am sorry to disturb you, Your Majesty," Lucca said entering the room.

"No it's okay. What happened Lucca?"

"Actually, do you remember the Kiku tribe?"

(A/N - This tribe name is totally fictional. The people of these tribes are characterized by their pale skin and platinum blonde hair.)

"The one who's helping us out on the Vincenzo Island?"

"Yes, the tribal Princess Admiranda Odinga is visiting us tomorrow. So, I don't think we should leave--"

"Princess Admiranda? How can I forget her? We used to play a lot in the Mystic Falls Palace when we were younger. Well, if she's coming, I guess I can't leave like that. Go and start the preparations for her arrival," Nathan ordered Lucca.

"So, it turns out I am not going too. Now, you are staying here too. Ally and Lucio would leave in the evening, you may go off to the port to leave them and not to go along with them, okay?"

"Yes..." Marina replied to an already exiting Nathan.

"So? Are we going?" Lucio and Ally asked together, entering the room as soon as Nathan departed.

"Yeah," Marina replied sadly.

"Wow, you made Prince Nathaniel agree in staying back?" Lucio asked, amazed to know so. Since Nathan really wanted to lead the army himself and crush the revolt.

"I did not stop him. He is not leaving because his childhood friend Princess Admiranda Odinga is coming to visit him tomorrow," Marina replied bitterly.

"Something tells me you are not happy about her arrival," Lucio stated, sitting beside Marina on her bed.

"I don't care about her. I am not happy because you all won't be here with me and I am not allowed to go with you. If it was Alves, then I would have done whatever I wished. I would not have to listen to anyone's orders," Marina replied, scowling.

"Now, that's not true Marines. Prince Oliver and your father would have never allowed you to go to a revolt scene too," Belle remarked sitting on the other side of Marina.

"That's it! I am not leaving Marines alone!" Anne exclaimed, hugging Marina like a kid, who does not want to be separated from her mother.

After very difficulty, Belle and Lucio were finally able to drag Anne with them onto the ship. Though they literally had to tie her legs and hand with rope to stop her from escaping and jumping off the ship.

When Marina returned to the castle, her heart sank a bit. Though she was not sure whether it was at the absence of her best friends or because of seeing a really enthusiastic Nathan, personally looking into the preparations for Princess Admiranda's arrival.

"I don't care," Marina mumbled to herself as she laid on her bed, thinking about how Nathan addressed her as "Princess Marina" today not "Marina".

"I don't care," Marina repeated the words again. But, it seemed more like she was convincing herself than stating a fact.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!
Okay, firstly I updated! Yay!
No yay? 😅😅

Back to the story, so Ally & Lucio are leaving.😞😞😞
Marina is going to feel lonely or maybe Alicia will compensate. What do you think?👸👸

What are your thoughts about the reasons for Nathan's decision to not go? His enthusiasm for his childhood best friend's arrival?👫

Finally any ideas about Princess Admiranda Odinga? Another new character has been revealed.

Please do answer. I would love to know your thoughts!😊😊

Okay, so I thought for my so late updates, I should at least try to compensate it. I am going to give you all a spoiler for next chapter

"At one time, you have to pick one side, that's how life is. You just can't save everyone at all times. I don't regret killing it."

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)