CHAPTER 21 : THE DRESS

"It was actually very nice of Prince Nathanial to give us permission for our morning walks," Anne says while walking behind Marina.

"I don't need permission for anything."

"Whether you need or not depends on whether you want to acknowledge the fact that it's Alves, not Torrentice," Belle comments.

The three continue to walk back to the palace of Alves after walking in the forest for some hours.

"By the way, I have heard that Prince Nathanial has gone out. Is it true?" Anne asks Marina.

"Yes, he woke up with me today. He was saying something about visiting somewhere and before you ask, I don't think he will be back today," Marina replies, entering the castle through the back door.

After taking a quick bath, Marina, Ally and Brialle were about to go to see Cathy, when they heard a knock.

"Come in," Marina answered.

"Good morning, Marina," Queen Rosalind greets Marina as she comes in and sits on one of the armchairs.

"Good morning, Your Majesty."

"I want to talk to you."

"Sure-"

"Alone," Queen Rosalind says cutting off Marina midway while eyeing Ally.

Marina reluctantly agrees & nods to Ally to leave them alone.

"So, now that we are alone, I wanted to give you this," Queen Rosalind hands over Marina a box.

"It has a beautiful dress in it which I want you to wear during the Ladies Meeting in the evening that I have especially organized in your honor."

"I-uh, thank you, Your Majesty," Marina says, taking the velveteen box.

"Well then, I shall leave. I have to look into the preparations for the Ladies Meeting. Remember, it will be attended by all the Ladies of high class society," Queen Rosalind says while walking out of Marina's room.

"What was she saying?" Anne asks making an innocent face.

"With the level of training you two have received, it won't surprise me if you had eavesdropped our conversation," Marina replies to the twins while opening the velveteen box.

"Damn and there I thought we fooled you," Anne remarked.

Marina gasped while holding the dress in her hands.

"I want to see it too!!" Anne squealed, snatching the dress from Marina's hands.

"You have got to be joking. She wants you to wear this," Belle says, shocked on seeing the dress.

"This piece of cloth does not classify as a dress. Firstly, it's too short and so many cut outs are there and-"

"It is too revealing and not at all your taste," Belle completes Anne's sentence.

Marina takes the dress from Anne's hands and goes infront of the mirror. Truly, the dress wasn't her type, if it classified as one. The white sweetheart neckline dress had a white ribbon waist belt and barely reached till her mid thighs.

 The white sweetheart neckline dress had a white ribbon waist belt and barely reached till her mid thighs

(A/N - Remember there was a ritual of "body showing" in Alves. Women were not allowed to choose their own dress.)

"No sleeves, check. Too short, check. Too revealing, showing too much cleavage, double check. Not at all my taste, triple check," Marina says, throwing the dress on the bed.

"You are not planning to wear this, are you?" Belle asks Marina.

"It maybe a ritual in Alves to showcase your body, but, it is not something you need to follow," Anne says while crossing her arms over her chest.

"What can I even do? I mean this is the first gift my mother-in-law gave me. If I don't wear it, it would hurt her sentiments and be outright disrespect to the queen-"

"And what about your self-respect?" Anne snaps at Marina.

"I-"

"Fine, do what you want to," Anne shouts angrily while stomping away.

"Wait, Anne!!" Belle says following her sister.

"I don't have a choice," Marina whispers to herself while sitting down on the bed.

Just then Brialle pops from beneath the bed. Marina gives a weak smile to Brialle.

"At least you believe me, right?" Marina asks Brialle while picking him up and running her fingers through his hair.

"Woof-woof," Brialle replies as if understanding Marina and starts licking her face.

Leaving Brialle on the bed, Marina picks up the dress and decides to try it at least once, before the event. Marina quickly changed into the dress and standing in front of the mirror, grimaced at her reflection in the horrendous dress. Even with her hair down, the dress was very revealing. Disgusted with the dress, Marina goes back to change into her clothes.

On the other side of the room, unnoticed by Marina, Anne and Belle were seeing her. They had to do something, they could not see their "Marines" in this helpless condition and they knew just what had to be done.

~In the afternoon~

"Where did my dress go?" Marina wonders out aloud. She had looked in the every corner of her bedroom. Sighing she lay down on her bed, then all of a sudden, she shouted, "ALLY!!".

The twins hurriedly barged into the room.

" What happened? "
"Where is he?"
The two asked at the same time while drawing out their swords.

"Where is who?"

"The attacker," Anne replied, looking around.

"No one attacked me, but, I can't say the same for my dress."

"What do you mean? Somebody attacked your dress?" Belle asked casually.

"You know exactly what I mean!! Where the hell is my dress? I know you two took it!" Marina shouted at Ally while pointing an accusing finger at them.

"We did not," The twins argued back in unison.

"Then who did?" Marina asked narrowing her eyes at them.

"I did."
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
"El Destino" has got 200 votes. Thanks to all my readers and their support without which I would not come so far!!😍😇😊

So who do you think took Marina's dress? And what are your thoughts about Queen Rosalind and her horrible taste?

Next chapter will be filled with revelations... 😉😏

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to natasha17evans, a lovely reader and friend. Thank you so much for your support.😊