CHAPTER 32: POKING

Recap -

"Oh it was nothing, I am just glad they all are fine," Marina replied as her eyes landed on Nathan.
------------------------------------------------------
"How are you?" Marina asked Nathan as the two exited the tent of the wounded.

"Much better and what about you?"

"Me? What happened to me?"

"Hmm...How about I answer that in our tent? Ally and Lucca have as it is gone to look into the arrangements of tonight's camp. So, let's rest for a while."

"But-"

"Shhsh," Nathan cut off Marina midway while dragging her into their tent.

"Lay down."

"But-"

"No arguments, Princess."

Reluctantly Marina laid down on the bed.

"What are you- tsk," Marina winced as Nathan removed her boots.

"It's worse than what I had thought," Nathan said as he examined the blue bruises on Marina's ankle and shin.

"How- ouch!!" Marina whimpered as Nathan put some ice wrapped in a cloth on her bruises.

"I know it must be hurting, but, trust me, this will eventually reduce the swelling."

"How had you noticed it?"

"Yes, I had noticed it, how when I had lost my balance, using your ankle you had jerked one of the kidnapper's sword away or else it would have gone straight in my heart and I would have been dead by-"

"Ouch, why did you smack me?" Nathan asked, rubbing the spot Marina had hit him.

"Because you were speaking nuisance."

"Aww, you care for me."

"I never said so," Marina argued back while looking the other way to hide her blush.

"Well, whatever, the good thing is that you wear leather boots or else instead of the blue bruises, there would have been deep cuts on your ankle and shin. But, I wonder, how you even managed to stand all this while. I mean, both of your legs are injured, right one's shin and left one's ankle. I thought you would eventually get them treated, but, I was wrong, you are too stubborn headed," Nathan said while dabbing the ice pack on Marina's wound.

"I am not."

"Yes, you are, too stubborn for your own good," Nathan argued back while lightly wrapping the ice cloth around Marina's wounds.

"Where are you going?" Marina asked Nathan while trying to get up.

"Just continue to lay down, I will bring our food here and also sent Marcus."

"It's just a small bruise. I don't need a healer to attend to it."

"Yes, sure Princess," Nathan snorted as he exited the tent.

Soon, Marcus was sent to tend to Marina's injuries.

"We heard you are wounded," Ally said in unison while entering the tent.

"It's such a big bruise."
"And your leg is so swelled."
The twins said completing each other's sentences.

"No, it's nothing much- Ouch!! What are you doing Anne?" Marina asked while wincing.

"You said it's nothing, so why can't I touch it?"

"There's a difference between touching and poking," Belle replied, smacking her sister's head.

"How is she?" Nathan asked Marcus while entering the tent.

Everyone bowed their heads in greeting as Nathan sat beside Marina.

"Your Highness, is much better. The swelling has lessened, if she continues ice fomentation, then they will be invisible in a few hours. As for the pain, I will prepare a tonic which Your Highness will have to drink after her dinner and before her breakfast for one day only," Marcus explained to Nathan.

"There was more swelling?? God!! How did we not notice it!!" The twins exclaimed while groaning at their carelessness.

"It's not your fault Ally. What can we do when someone loves to keep secrets?" Nathan replied to Ally while taunting Marina.

"Hey, if you want to say something to me, say it on my face."

"I never took your name-"

"Sorry to disturb you both, Your Majesty, but we would like to take leave. It's dinner time and we should go and bring your dinner."

"I would also like to take leave. I have to go and see how the wounded soldiers are doing."

Ally and Marcus said while quickly leaving, not wanting to be a part of the husband-wife quarrel.

"I did not keep it a secret."

"Well, you did not exactly tell either."

"Because it is a small wound, it would have healed up on it's- Ouch!! What's wrong with people today? Why did you poke me on my bruise?" Marina asked angrily.

"Even after so much of ice fomentation, it's hurting by a mere touch."

"It wasn't a mere touch you poked it," Marina replied angrily.

"Okay, okay, chill Princess. See Ally got our food, thank you so much Ally. Now, you two also go and eat something. I don't want hunger stricken soldiers, okay?" Nathan said while pulling the table that had their food towards the bed.

"Yes, sire," the twins replied happily in unison.

"Good night, Your Majesty. Good night, Marines," Ally said before exiting the tent.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
Yup, I updated before Sunday!!

So, what did you think of Maran & Ally?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. A hint of next chapter - "The night's young, a lot is in store*wink*." 😁😁