CHAPTER 29 : GOODBYE

"Marina!!"

"Yes, I am here," Marina replied to Nathan from balcony while watering the small flowers.

"I want to talk to you."

"Yes? I am listening."

"Come inside," Nathan said while putting the watering can down and dragging Marina inside the room.

"So, what happened?" Marina asked, sitting down on the armchair.

"Uh-Yeah. So, you see, I don't really live in this main city (Silvette) of Alves. Most of the time I stay in Mystic Falls, it's a beautiful small state on the eastern side of Alves."

"So?"

"So, its time for me, us to go back to Mystic Falls. Our marriage and then Queen Rosalind's chaos already extended my stay."

"Yeah?"

"Well, it's not compulsory for you to accompany me. But, I think it would be better if you would come along with me to Mystic Falls. Obviously if you want you can stay here-"

"I would love to go to Mystic Falls, I really like exploring new places."

"Really? That's good. So, we are leaving tomorrow. Ally and some maids would help you in packing and yes I do know how much you love to explore on your own," Nathan commented, remembering how he had met Marina in one of her exploration trips of Alves.

"But, what about Brialle and Cathy and the girls I teach?"

"Brialle will accompany us. Cathy can't she is too young and her parents don't allow her to come with me. I have asked them hundred times, but they never agree *sigh*. As for the girls you teach, you have already taught them how to read and write. Every month they will be receiving some set of books from our side, which would be handed over to them by some of my loyal servants."

"Okay."

"Come on Princess, don't be so sad. When we reach Mystic Falls, you can teach there too, right?"

"Yeah."

"I have to go and look into the preparations for tomorrow. Why don't you go and meet Cathy?"

"Does she-"

"Yes, she knows we are leaving."

"How does he always figure out what I am going to say? Is he a mind reader?" Marina wondered when Nathan's voice brought her out of her reverie.

"No, I am not a mind reader. Don't be silly, Princess."

"Then how do you always know what I am thinking?"

"Because my dear Princess, you are an open book," Nathan answered while winking before leaving.

Sighing, Marina finished her gardening session and went off to meet Cathy. As she was walking through the corridors, she heard someone calling her name.

"Marines!! Finally you stopped. God!! You walk like you are running," Anne complained.

"Ally...hi...um...what are you two doing with these loads of clothes and bags?" Marina asked while eyeing the tall bundle of clothes Belle was holding and the huge number of bags Anne was carrying.

"Oh, this, we are packing for the trip."

"Come on Anne, stop talking and hurry up we have only today, tomorrow we are leaving. By the way, where are you going Marines?" Belle asked Marina.

"To meet Cathy."

"I am coming too," Anne said while dropping her bags down and moving towards Marina.

"No!! You are not leaving me alone. Do you think I am an idiot to do the packing all alone?" Belle asked angrily while grabbing Anne's wrist and simultaneously balancing the clothes in one hand.

"No, no, Leave meeee!!" Anne screamed as Belle tried to drag her.

"Okay, uh-bye. Good luck with the packing," Marina replied, hurrying off in the other direction. She knew if she stayed any longer, she will be caught between their sibling quarrel.

"Marina?"

"Cathy, you are out in the garden?"

"Yes, Nathan took permission from my mother and I was allowed to play outside," Cathy answers while smiling happily.

Catherine's parents rarely allowed her to go out of her room, let alone the garden. So, balls were a totally different story. She was allowed to attend Marina and Nathan's marriage on special request and insistence from King Wilhelm and Marina.

"Here, I made this for you," Cathy said while handing Marina a crown of flowers.

"This is so pretty. Thank you Princess Catherine," Marina bowed graciously, expressing her gratefulness.

"So, are you leaving?"

"Uh-Yes."

"You will come back soon right? You will remember me right?" Cathy asked as her eyes welled up with tears. In the past one month she and Marina had become best friends.

"Oh Cathy, don't cry honey. How can I ever forget someone as beautiful and nice friend like you?" Marina said while hugging Cathy.

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise," Marina replied as the two linked their pinky fingers.

After talking with Catherine for some more minutes, Marina decided to head back to her room and do some packing by herself.

"I am tired," Marina said as she closed the last trunk.

Laying down on the bed, she thought of how much her life had changed in last two months. The biggest change being her marriage, which she never thought would have happened. But, she had no regrets, she met Cathy and other girls, in a way Alves needed her more than Torrentice. Besides, Nathan wasn't that bad.

"What's with this flower tiara?" Nathan asked while entering the room and sitting on the bed.

In all the cleaning and packing, Marina had completely forgotten about Cathy's tiara that lay comfortably on her head.

"Are you planning to take up the title of flower princess?"

"Seriously, out of all names, flower princess?" Marina asked glaring at a laughing Nathan.

"Flower Princess Marina...that sounds so good," Nathan commented while laughing at an angry Marina.

"Wait, how about Angry Princess Marina?" Nathan asked while smirking.

"Seriously, I take my words back, you are not good at all," Marina huffed in annoyance.

"Aww, my princess thinks I am good. So sweet of you," Nathan cooed Marina while pinching her blushing cheeks.

Marina jerks Nathan's hand away angrily while narrowing her eyes on him.

"You are going to regret doing so," Marina declares through gritted teeth.

"Only if you are able to catch me," Nathan said with a teasing smile while running.

"Oh, we will see," Marina replied while chasing Nathan and just like that all their tiredness vaporized.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!🙋🙋

So, what did you think of this chapter? Cathy & Marina's relationship? What are your views on the restrictions Cathy endures?

Finally some Maran moment. What did you think about it?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)