CHAPTER 37: DREAM

Recap -

"Well, if you want to know where I am taking her, then follow me," Lucio answered angrily as he sat on the carriage.
------------------------------------------------------
"Where is Marina and how is she?" Nathan asked Lucio angrily.

Apparently as soon as they all had reached the castle, Lucio had disappeared somewhere with Marina.

"She's in my room and is being currently treated by the doctors."

"Your room?" Ally asked Lucio in unison.

"Yes, my room. I am Lucio Esposito, son of Carl Esposito and who are you two?"

"I am Belle Schweitzer and this is my twin sister Anne Schweitzer. We are Marines, I mean Princess Marina's royal guards and friends," Belle answered Lucio, while looking at him suspiciously.

"I want to meet Marina," Nathan demanded Lucio.

"You may once she is conscious. But, for now please rest in your room," Lucio said before hurrying off to his room.

"How does he expect me to rest, when my wife is unconscious!!" Nathan screams in annoyance.

"Come on, catch me!!" a seven year old Marina calls out while running.

"No, not in the forest."
A blonde haired blue eyed boy groaned while chasing after Marina.

"You are... so... slow," Marina remarks as she stops for awhile to catch her breath.

"No, you run... at the speed of... wind," the boy argues back while panting heavily.

Suddenly heavy rain starts pouring and the two children run to find shelter from the rain.

"Cone here," the boy beckons Marina while entering a small cave.

"That is why, I didn't want to come in forest. See it's raining so heavily-" the boy is cut off with the sound of thunder which makes him squirm back in fear.

"I am sorry," Marina apologizes while holding the boy's hand to comfort him.

"I will be leaving today with father as soon as the rain stops."

"When will you come back?"

"No idea. I don't even know if I will ever meet you again," the boy replies sadly, looking at Marina.

"Well the rain has stopped. I guess this is it, I should go back, father would be looking for me. Time to say goodbye," the boy says, getting out from the cave.

But, Marina grabs him by his wrist, stopping him in his tracks.

"Take this," Marina says while taking out her moonstone pendant and placing it on the boy's palm.

"I-I can't, it's yours."

"No keep this, whenever you feel lonely or miss me, especially during thunder storms. This will help you."

"It's a parting gift?"

"I would say it's a reuniting gift, it will reunite us in future."

"I-I, thank you so much Mari. I promise to always wear it," the boy replies, wearing the pendant.

"Goodbye Mari!! Take care of yourself and never forget me!!"

"I will never forget you, goodbye!!"

"Goodbye..." Marina whispers to herself while wiping her tears as she continues to see the retreating figure of her best friend.

Marina jolts up with the dream fresh in her mind.

"Hey, calm down. Are you alright?"

Marina looks up towards the source of the voice and events of the afternoon come rushing back to her - the girl, the lake and this boy. She vaguely remembered him telling his name as Lucio.

"Lucio?" Marina asks with uncertainty while taking in her unfamiliar surroundings.

"Yes, I am Lucio Esposito."

"Esposito? Are you somehow related to Christopher?"

"Yes, he is my younger brother and before you ask, you are in my house. Your husband and friends are waiting outside, I will call them in. By the way, thank you for saving that girl's life."

"How is she?"

"She's good and has gone home. What about you? How are you?"

"I am fine. I have a bit of headache, but nothing that a good night sleep cannot handle. But, thanks for helping me, for saving my life."

"You don't need to thank me, I did what I thought was right," Lucio replies before leaving.

Soon Ally, Nathan and Lucca come to meet Marina and almost drown her again, though this time instead of water, it was a river full of questions. Marina carefully answers their questions while listening to their rant of his much careless and unbelievable she can be. Nathan carries Marina back to their room, where everyone, except Nathan, leave giving Marina time to rest.

"Now, princess, rest for a while," Nathan says, tugging Marina under the blanket

"I am sorry," Marina apologizes for her actions that caused Nathan to worry a lot.

"It is okay princess, just don't risk your life like that. But, I am really proud of what you did," Nathan replied planting a kiss on Marina's forehead before laying down beside Marina, whose face immediately explodes into a blush.

When Marina closed her eyes, immediately a face appeared. The face of one of her best friends of childhood, whom she never got to meet again. It was truly uncanny of the memory of her friend's departure to resurface in the form of a dream.

"If only, I would be able to meet you again..." Marina thought to herself before falling asleep.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
I am back!🙋

So, what do you all think of Marina's dream? Please do answer, I would love to hear out your thoughts.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)