CHAPTER 20 : FIRST DAY

Marina slowly opened her eyes, on seeing an unfamiliar room, she started panicking. But, when her eyes landed on Nathan, all the events of yesterday came back to her - her marriage, first dance, Nathan and finally Alves.

This unfamiliar room was her room now. Thankfully, both of them had remained to their respective sides of the bed. So, Marina did not face any difficulty or awkward situation while getting up from the bed.

She looked at the balcony, the sun was rising. Slowly, the darkness faded away, the stars invisible again as the huge glowing ball started to take it's usual place in the sky. Slowly the sky was beautifully adorned with streaks of yellow, red and orange.

Marina had a habit of waking up around sunrise. She and Ally would always go for a walk, horse ride at this time, in Torrentice. So, even in Alves, her habits woke her up, way before others would wake up.

Sighing, she took her robes and went to take a bath. Within an hour, she was all ready in a black knee length skirt, blue-black armour like corset top along with a long blue coat, black cape and boots. She had let her hair down to air dry them and was just thinking what to do next when Nathan woke up.

"Good morning," Marina greeted Nathan while adjusting her slightly tilted cape.

"Morning," Nathan answered while rubbing his eyes and simultaneously getting off the bed.

"Where are you going, this early? It must be around six, I guess," Nathan asked, observing Marina's actions.

"Yes, you are right. Actually back in Torrentice, I and Ally, I mean Anne and Belle, used to walk or do horse riding at this time. So, I guess, it's kind of a habit now. You know, to get up early."

"I see, don't go anywhere today. We have to go and attend the lunch with the ministers and my- our family."

"Are my clothes fine?"

"Yes, what's the problem with them? Just because you are married to me or we are going to meet the ministers, doesn't mean you have to change yourself," Nathan replied, crossing his arms on his chest.

"I never even planned to do that."

"Right," Nathan says while smiling as he goes to take a bath.

After the royal lunch where Marina felt everyone's eyes only on her, Nathan and Marina were back in their room.

"I have some work to do. I will see you later and then show you the whole castle."

Marina nods in reply as Nathan goes off to do his work.

"*KNOCK, KNOCK*"

"Come in."

"Hello, you missed us."

"Ally!! Finally, you are here and my dear Brialle too," Marina squeals like a child while ruffling Brialle's hair.

"Okay, let's go out."

"So, where to?"

"Cathy's room," Marina answers while humming to herself.

After playing with Catherine for two - three hours. Ally and Marina "bow - bow" and Brialle decided to take some rest. So, they parted their ways to go off to their respective rooms.

As Marina was going back, she lost her way. She was pondering what to do when she felt someone's presence behind her. Turning around, she came face to face with none other than Alfredo himself.

"Where are you going, dear Princess? Are you lost?"

"That's none of your business," Marina replies, hissing at Alfredo.

"My brother did not even give you a tour of the palace. No problem, I will do the honors," Alfredo says while smirking as he slings his arms with Marina's.

"No need to worry so much about my wife, Alfredo," Nathan says while glaring at Alfredo as he jerks away his hands from Marina and instead wraps his arms on her waist.

Alfredo glares at Nathan and then at his arm, which was protectively wrapped around Marina's waist. Without further argument, Alfredo leaves while fuming.

"I told you to stay inside the room. So, imagine my surprise when I don't find my wife there."

"Well, I never agreed to it."

"Fine, whatever let's you sleep at night. By the way, from tomorrow you can go for a walk or ride with Anne and Belle in the morning. Just be back before lunch and don't get hurt."

"I am not a kid," Marina argues back while removing Nathan's hands from her waist.

"You are no less than a kid," Nathan mutters to himself.

"I heard that," Marina says angrily while taking a right turn

"We have to take a left turn," Nathan says while biting his lips to stop his laughter.

Marina glares at no one in particular and stomps away in the left direction.

"Surely, you are not a kid," Nathan says while chuckling to himself as he hurries off after his angry princess.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
"El Destino" is back at 19th rank in historical fiction.😄

So, what did you think of this chapter? Alfredo included.

I have been updating regularly and that's a bit tiring. But, you all have been really supportive and your response is overwhelming. Thanks to all my lovely readers.😇😇

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to my lovely friend and reader and an amazing author zforzquad. Thanks for your support.😍😍