CHAPTER 2 - MARINA IS FOR TORRENTS

(In 1460s, The Palace Of Torrentice)

"Your Majesty, we need to do something about the River Iskra. During monsoon it gets over flooded and causes great damage to ripened crops," Lord George Arcebi, the Chief Minister of Torrentice, explained to King Wilhelm (the King of Torrentice).

Lord Arcebi was known for his intelligence, loyalty and observational skills. His family had served the royal family of Torrentice for ages.

"You are right, Lord Arcebi, we have to implement the changes proposed by the board quickly. The sooner--"

"*Knock, Knock*"

"The better."

This better be important.
King Wilhelm Vendler thought to himself and ordered the person to come in.

"Good afternoon Your Majesty, Lord Arcebi."

The messenger bowed before the two men and then continued, "I apologize for interrupting both of you. I have been sent to inform Your Majesty that the Queen is about to give birth soon and--"

"I am coming," the King replied, cutting off the messenger midway and ushering him away.

"We will discuss this later."

"I understand Your Majesty. Now with your permission I would like to take my leave."

The King gave a nod of acknowledgment and without further discussion made his way towards Queen Sofia's bedroom. The King was a proud father of his four year old son, Oliver. His second child was no less than a blessing for him.

He did not care if the child would be a girl or a boy, all he cared was for the moment when he would take his baby in his hands. It would be such a rejoiceful moment for him, he shall be a father again in less than an hour.

With a wide smile on his face, the King fastened his steps towards the Queen's chamber. He was stopped at the door by a small hand, which held onto his wrist tightly.

"Father!! When will my brother or sister come? When can my meet them? No one's letting me go in," Prince Oliver Vendler, heir to the throne of Torrentice, complained to his father.

"Son, it should be 'when can I meet them' okay?"

Prince Oliver nodded his head, his brown eyes showing the tornado of excitement swirling in them.

"You will be meeting your sibling very soon...*cough* *cough*," King James Vendler, great grandfather of Oliver explained to him.

"Grandpa, what are you doing here? You should be resting--"

"I have come here to meet my second great grandchild. No one can stop me from meeting my great grandchild. Right Oliver?"

Oliver happily nodded and hugged his great grandfather, as everyone waited for the arrival of the new member of the royal family.

(After an hour)

"Congratulations, Your Majesty, an angel has come onto your doorstep. A healthy and beautiful baby girl is born," a maid told an anxious looking King and the rest of the family members.

Everyone went inside to see the little baby girl, who with her widely opened blue eyes was trying to absorb everything in a single go.

"This is my daughter, my angel," King Wilhelm said happily while picking up the baby carefully and kissing the baby on the forehead.

"Is that my sister? What is her name?" Oliver asked, jumping happily.

"Marina. Her deep blue ocean like eyes that reflect all the torrents, all the Torrentice, all the marines. She will be called Princess Marina Vendler, my great grand daughter," King James announced proudly while carefully taking the new born in his arms.

******************************************************************************************

Finally, our dear Princess Marina Vendler is born. Let's see what happens next?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)