CHAPTER 44: FEELINGS

Recap -

Marina, Nathan, Lucca and Ally are in Benedizione. After a lot of persuasion and some tears, Nathan agrees to Lucio accompanying them.

At present -

It had been two days since Nathan, Marina, Ally and Lucca had revived their journey to Mystic Falls. Yesterday, they took off from Benedizione with a promise to never reveal this place to others along with an unwanted yet forced companion.

Nathan stared at Marina and Lucio, who were constantly talking with each other without a care in the world. Marina was not even sitting in the royal carriage with Nathan. In fact, Marina was riding her horse side-by-side with Lucio. The carriage was only being used by Brialle. Well Nathan didn't want to sit in the carriage alone without another 'human being'.

He was not the only one boring holes into Lucio's skull, Ally too didn't seem to like the reconciliation of 'Mari and Lui'.
According to Ally, Lucio was taking their position in Marina's life and heart. Marina was their best friend, not his, not anymore. So, why was Marina so enthralled with the idea of being with Lui? That's the question on the trio's mind.

Nathan rode his horse faster, falling in step with Marina and Lucio.

"Hello Nathan!" Marina greeted a rather irritated looking Nathan.

"Hello M-" but Nathan was cut off midway by Lucio.

"Do you remember Mrs. Putin's blue berry pies and how you used to steal them?"

"They were and still are so delicious and it happened only one time. Besides, I did not steal them, just tasted them."

"Sure, you tasted the pie by devouring the whole of it," Lucio replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Nathan scowled at their exchange, which somehow involved ignoring Nathan.

Meanwhile, riding behind the royals, Ally trudged forward.

"I don't get it why is that Lucio even accompanying us!" Anne exclaimed angrily.

"I don't get it why is that Lucio even accompanying us," Zitto repeated Anne's words, but adding his own cackling laughter at the end

"Ughh... we only needed this mouthful bird," Anne retorted throwing daggers to the bird.

"Ughh... we only needed this mouthful woman," Zitto replied to Anne while adding his own mocking laughter, which was soon joined by Belle.

Anne glared at the colorful feathered bird and then at the traitor aka her sister.

"I can not believe it you sided with him," Anne said, pointing an accusing finger at Belle.

"I-I, come on Anne, you have got to admit that comeback was mind blowing."

"Come on Anne, you have got to admit it," Zitto repeated Belle's words while irking Anne.

~ After few hours ~

"So, we are going to rest for the night. Anyone who wishes to visit the near by village may do so, but only after informing the Schweitzer sisters," Nathan ordered the soldiers, who replied a chorused - yes sire.

"Lucca!" Nathan called out to his best friend.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"I am going to the market place in the nearby village. Do you want to come with we? It's optional, you may deny if you are tired."

"I would love to accompany you, Your Majesty," Lucca replied as the two mounted their respective horses.

Out of the corner of his eye, Nathan looked back at Marina and Lucio, who were engaged in a heated duel, before riding off with Lucca.