Chapter 6

~Annabel's POV~

Maybe it was something about his bad boy appearance that attracted me towards him. Mom would never ever let me date a guy like that. Maybe that's why I wanted him so badly. What am I talking about? I barely know him, and here I am talking about "wanting him." Bullshit. The way he spoke my name, in such a soft whisper. His mysterious eyes, and the way they stared into mine.

Just stop, Annabel.

I told myself. I got dressed, in a simple black dress. Not too fancy, but not too casual. The back had thick strands of fabric that came together and formed a cute bow. It was a shorter dress, and it hugged my curvy body. It was simple, but cute. I strapped on some black heels, and grabbed a silver clutch, with my phone and some make-up essentials in it. I kept my hair straight, and pinned back in a half up half down hairstyle. My make-up wasn't too dramatic, just a bit of mascara and eyeliner. Tonight was the dinner party for the newly wedded couple. Families from both sides were coming tonight. The mansion was going to be filled with people. I couldn't help but wonder if Harry was coming, but I remembered what Brielle said about him never showing up to family get togethers. I walked down the long staircase, and into the crowd of people that arrived 5 minutes too early. Many people hugged me and planted sweet kisses on my cheeks. I got the same question every time, 'How are you lately?' Not many people knew, but a good amount of people looked at me with worried eyes, and a sympathetic expression. I examined the crowd of people that hugged and greeted each other, after a while of not seeing the other family members.

Guests started to arrive quickly, and women dressed in elegant gowns, and men dressed in classic suits, made conversation, with glasses of wine in their hands. I sat, bored, on a chair that looked far too fancy to sit on, but I did anyways. Lilly was getting ready upstairs with her parents and siblings, and Brielle was pulled away by her mother, to greet someone. I haven't seen her since. I looked around, at the older crowd, waiting to spot someone that was my age. The front door opened and closed so often, that I was quite used to it, and my head never looked that way when I heard the door open. I rested an elbow on my crossed leg, and put my chin on the palm of my hand. The elegant chestnut brown door swung open, and I turned my head one last time, in hope for it to be someone my age. A very handsome guy walked through, his hair pushed back in the front, and the rest of the curls styled to the side. I sat up straighter in the chair, tilting my head, until I realized who it was. Harry.

~Harry's POV~

"Let's go, Mum." I held my hand out, and helped her step out of the car. I walked into the mansion after her, being behind her just in case she fell. I stepped into the house, as my eardrums filled with noisy chattering, and crackling fire. I didn't pay any attention to my surroundings, except for the beautiful girl that sat on the chair. It was her. It was Annabel. The way her eyes met mine, caused goosebumps to run up my arms. I gave her a smirk, as she looked away, annoyed. I shook my head, still grinning, as I helped my mum undress from her large coat. A man dressed in a white button up shirt, with a black vest overtop, and black dress pants took our coats, and walked away, heading towards a room with tons more coats and jackets. I casually walked into the large dining room, where men and women in their 40s laughed and talked, many with a glass of wine in their hand. I grabbed one off of a tray, as a waiter walked past. I took a sip of the bitter wine, and looked around for just a glimpse of Annabel. For the girl with the haunting hazel eyes, and the long brown hair, in the sexy black dress that showed off every curve.

I finally saw her come out of the bathroom, swiftly walking past me, like I wasn't even there. A whiff of sweet perfume left a trace behind her. I inhaled the scent, and followed her through the crowd, until I finally caught up with her, grabbing her wrist, and walking her back to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" She whispered harshly as we entered the bathroom. I brought an arm over her, pushing the door closed. She backed away slowly, only to be stopped by the closed door. I still had an arm over her, as I leaned closer.

"We never had the chance to have a proper talk, don't you think?" I brought my finger to her jaw line, tracing it gently. She looked up at me, her chest moving up and down as she breathed heavily.

"We didn't have to have a proper talk, I know just the kind of guy you are." She snapped, with an angry look on her face.

"Sassy. I like it." I whispered, tugging at her hair. She brought up her hand, pushing my hand roughly away.

"Let me out of this bathroom." She clenched her fists.

"I love that dress on you, it really compliments your body." I smirked as my eyes raked her body. Her small hand pushed the middle of my chest, in attempt to move me back. I didn't move. "How old are you?" I asked slyly, bringing my finger to her soft lips. She stayed quiet, and tense, not moving a muscle. "That's okay, I'll find out one way or another." I whispered, slipping a hand behind her back, pulling her towards me. She pushed my arm out, stumbling back. I chuckled.

"What do you want?" She snapped.

"You." I smirked, causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"I'm leaving." She turned harshly, turning the door knob, and storming out. I chuckled. No one gets away from me that easily.

__________________________________

The picture on the side is the picture of Annabel's dress for the party! I hope you enjoyed this book, PLEASE vote and comment!