Chapter 52

~Annabel's POV~

I sat patiently waiting, the TV set on a news channel, at a low volume. Soon enough, I heard a knock at the door. I pushed myself off the couch and unlocked it, revealing Lilly.

"Annabel, thank god you're safe." She wraps her arms around me, embracing me in a hug.

"Thanks for coming." I tell her.

"Here, I brought you clothes. Oh my god, are you wearing Luke's clothes?"

"Yeah.." I sheepishly answered.

"What the hell, did you guys sleep together?!" She yells, her eyes wide.

"No! I mean, yes. But not like that! We slept in the same bed but didn't do anything. I couldn't sleep so he had me come over to his room." I explained.

"Holy shit Annabel, Harry better not find out about any of this." Lilly warns.

"He won't." I say, pulling my- well, Luke's shirt over my head. I change into the sports bra Lilly provided for me, and slipped a plain black vneck over my head.

"What even happened that night?" Lilly questions, as the loose sweats fall to the floor.

"Another girl was grinding against him, and I saw. I expected him to gently push her away, or not react at all, but instead he looks at her ass and laughs, and his face looked amused. I cried after and left. The worst part is," I say, pulling a pair of yoga leggings up my legs. "He saw me. He looked directly after me and looked guilty."

"Wow, that's harsh. Are you sure that's the exact story?"

"No, that's why I'm seeing him tonight. I made plans to meet him at Dinnt & Vine's."

"That's a super fancy restaurant, why did you choose that?"

"That's why I need your help. We're going shopping for a fancy dress, and I'm going to make Harry realize that he messed up, and that I'm better than that blonde he was with." I proudly say. "At least I hope I am." My voice lowers, and I feel tears in my eyes.

"Annabel," Lilly scooches closer to me, knowing that I'm beginning to get emotional. "You are so much better than that blonde whore. Harry needs to realize that, and we are going shopping. We're going to show Harry that you're the best it gets, and he will be begging for you back." Lilly smiles, making me laugh.

"Let's hit the road then!" I exclaim, grabbing my clutch from the night before.

_______________

"Let's go in here." Lilly suggested, pointing to a store with fancy looking dresses. The whole store was professional looking, and modern, with bright lights and white and black furniture. Everything looked too expensive to touch. I walked around, checking to see if there were any dresses that were of my taste and liking. I ran my hand through the multiple pieces of clothing that hung on the racks. A lot of the stuff was plain, but made with thick, expensive material.

"Annabel, come here!" I heard Lilly calling. I looked over, to see her arm waving frantically. Confused, and somewhat nervous, I walked over to where she was standing. In the back of the store held many, many beautiful dresses with unique designs that were probably a thousand times more expensive than the ones displayed in the front.

"Oh my god, this is amazing!" I gasped, letting out a laugh.

"Why the hell would they keep this in the back?" Lilly laughed.

"Help me look for a dress!" I waved her over to the racks.

"I'll help you look for several, honey." She told me as she began searching.