Chapter 50

~Luke's POV~

I didn't really know what to do. The rain pattered against the car window, muffling Annabel's soft cries, but only slightly. I glanced at her any chance I could, hurt for the beautiful girl that sat next to me. Her phone was vibrating like crazy, and she ignored them all.

"Where are you staying right now?" I asked her.

"Harry's." She sniffles. I didn't reply right away, but instead just left us sitting in silence to give her a chance to calm down.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I asked after a few seconds.

"I... I don't know." She sighs, and I can hear the pain in her voice.

"I can take you back to my place. I have an extra bedroom." I suggest, hesitant if this is a good idea or not. I look over at her. Black make-up stained underneath her eyes, and her cheeks were rosy. She bit her bottom lip, and nodded hesitantly. I turned into a street, and kept driving. No words were exchanged between us until we got to the apartment building I was staying in. I helped her out of the car, and we walked into the building together. I nodded a quick hello to the man at the front desk, and took the elevator up. "It might be a little messy, I wasn't really expecting any visitors, so sorry in advance." I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. She forces a small smile.

"Thank you, Luke. I don't know what I would do without you." The words caused a flutter in my stomach, and I nodded, looking away from her. I unlocked the door, and we stepped inside. I let her walk in first, and she removed her heels, her height going down a few inches.

"You can just set those down anywhere, and I'll show you where you can sleep." I told her, and headed into the guest bedroom, my mind racing with thoughts.

~Annabel's POV~

I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, staying at Luke's place. I already felt awkward enough around him, and I didn't know if this was what I should be doing.

I set my heels at the side, and looked around. His apartment was very nice. It was roomy, and had a lot of nice furniture. It was modern, and not old looking. I actually liked it a lot. It was the kind of apartment I would imagine Harry and I getting together.

Harry.

I don't know if I misunderstood, and I didn't want to be the kind of girl that jumped to conclusions without any explanation, but from what I saw, it was perfectly clear to me. I decided to make my way to where I saw Luke heading.

"Luke?" I called out.

"In here." I followed his voice and found him setting up what looked like a queen sized bed, with white bedding. The room itself was pretty plain, beige walls, and a dresser, and closet. It was a big room.

"Thank you for doing this. It means a lot." I said, walking up to him.

"It's no problem. It's the least I could do, after seeing..." He didn't finish. I sat at the edge of the bed, my head looking at my hands. I felt a lump begin to form in my throat and my vision began to blur. "Sorry I shouldn't have said anything, fuck." He mumbled, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's okay, don't worry about me."

"But I have to." He whispered softly. "I don't mean to intrude, but is he always like this?"

"No, he isn't. He's good to me. It's just this once." I told him. My phone buzzed for the millionth time since I left the club. "Sorry, I'll shut this damn thing off." I forced a small chuckle as I held down the lock button, turning the phone off.