Chapter 66

~Annabel's POV~

"We need to stop by the store- Harry!" I yell as I walk in on him watching tv.

"What?" He smiles.

"We're supposed to be getting ready. We have to leave soon." I say, yanking the remote out of his hand.

"We don't have to go over to your parents' house until 6:30." He whines. "And it's only 5."

"But we still have to get food. Did you call your mom and sister?"

"Not yet."

"Do that now. Then we can leave."

"Fine. Can I get a kiss first?"

"After you do all of that." I smile and he pouts his bottom lip. I tug at it gently with my fingers and walk past him to the kitchen. I hear him talk on the phone for about ten minutes until he comes to join me.

"My Mum is coming but Gemma has Thanksgiving plans with Logan's family."

"That's okay, next year. I'll just let my parents know when we get there. Now let's go get the pie."

"Are we stopping back at the apartment after?"

"Actually, I don't think so. Let's change now and get ready, then we can go."

"Sounds good." He says. "Now let me get my kiss." I smile as he pulls me in by my waist, and parts his pink lips as I do. As always, the familiar taste of mint is subtle on my tongue but I love it.

"Okay, I'll go dress." I say, pulling away first. I choose to wear a simple black dress, and applied some light makeup before grabbing a gold clutch and filling it with essentials.

"Ready?" Harry asks, walking in as he buttons a light blue dress shirt. I stand and nod as I tie a dark blue patterned tie around his neck.

"Let's hurry before we're late." I say, kissing his lips quickly, my hands on top of his chest before walking past him.

"You look beautiful." He compliments, turning me back around and kissing me longer.

"Why thank you, handsome." I laugh. We leave the house and drive to the nearest super store, and walk in together.

"I think we should get this." Harry says, throwing a box of cookies into the cart.

"Help me look for the pie."

"What kind are we getting?"

"What kind do you want?"

"Mm, apple pie is too common. So is pumpkin. How about.. key lime?"

"Gross." I say, crinkling my nose and he laughs.

"You don't like key lime pie?"

"Not at all."

"Well, I don't know if we should be seeing each other anymore." He jokes, pulling my waist and kissing my lips. Once we pull away, a little boy is standing across from us, watching us. Harry looks at me and I, him before looking back at the little boy.

"Hi," I smile and he shyly waves, his cheeks turning pink. "What's your name?" I say, crouching down next to him.

"My mom says not to talk to strangers."

"Oh well your mom is right. Where is she?" I smile and he points over to a woman at the dairy section, and I nod.

"Is that your husband?" He points to Harry.

"No, he's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" He tilts his head like it's an unfamiliar term to him, which it most likely is.