Chapter 22

~Harry's POV~

This whole pre-dinner thing was bullshit, and I was probably the only person that realized it. My father was the douche that used to take mum and I, when he was still with us. That's fucking gone, and still, my mum insists on me going to these stupid ass dinners, with classy rich people, even though she wasn't well enough to go, herself. I don't even know why I agreed to go to these things, probably just to please my mum. I walked around, and grabbed a glass of wine off a waiter's tray, who walked past me. I took a sip of the bitter liquid, and looked around. Right away, I knew it'd be a long ass night. I was already bored out of my mind. I scanned the room, for any sight of Liam, Louis, Niall, or Zayn, or hell, even anyone that I knew, or could talk to. And that's when my eyes landed on the most beautiful girl in the room. I felt my lips tug into a smile, as I watched her talk politely to an old woman. Annabel stood with a sexy white dress hugging her curvy body. I stared as she flashed a perfect smile, exposing her straight white teeth. After a couple of seconds, the old woman was accompanied by a middle aged man, to their seats, which left Annabel standing alone. She looked radiant, under the dimmed lighting. I examined her movements, as she glanced around the room. I smiled, and my feet carried me towards her.

"Annabel." I cleared my throat.

"Harry," She smiled, looking me up and down. "What brings you here?"

"What do you think, Annabel?" I teased, smirking. She rolled her eyes playfully at me, and shifted her weight to another foot.

"So, how's your mother?"

"She's good, she's out of the hospital, but the doctor said not to let her leave the house until she gains full strength. She basically forced me to come tonight." I chuckled deeply.

"That's wonderful, Harry! At least she's getting better." Again with that beautiful smile. It sent shivers down my back. I swallowed.

"Annabel, where are you sitting?" She pointed to a table near where we stood, and it was nowhere near where I sat. "Sit with me," I demanded in a gentler way.

"Harry, I can't, what about the person that sits in that actual seat?" She questioned.

"They'll find another seat, now let's go." I grabbed onto her wrist, and tugged her towards another table.

"Harry," She whined, but didn't refrain. We sat just as the Hendersons clinked their glasses.

"We don't want to keep you waiting, but we would like to get all announcements out of the way, before we start the feast." Mrs. Henderson spoke. "As you all know, the debutante ball will be held on the 17th of June. Which means, there's only a few more weeks until the big day!" I scoffed, causing a few more people to look at me. The annual ball was just another event to get girls' hopes up, on getting a guy to ask them. Knowing mum, she would probably make me go to this bullshit event too. "Remember, all girls need to be accompanied by one other male." I looked at Annabel, and she played with her fingers under the table, not paying attention. I thought about asking her, but I wasn't actually so sure if I was going. I would, if it meant getting to see Annabel in a beautiful dress, and fucking her afterwards. Otherwise, the whole thing was stupid. I zoned out for the rest of the speech, and leaned back in my chair, not amused by anything except for Annabel. I pondered over her appearance tonight. Whether she was wearing a sexy dress, or sweatpants and her glasses, she never failed to look extremely beautiful.

Mrs. Henderson finally finished her speech, and the room slowly got higher in volume, as it filled with chatter. Waiters came out of doors, with trays of food in their hands, and trays of wine, and other beverages. One waiter came by, and dropped some food off at our table.