Chapter 36

~Annabel's POV~

"Miss, what color?" The lady doing my nails asked.

"Just basic french." I smiled, she nodded, and began getting my nails prepped.

"So, Harry isn't going with you?" Lilly asked for the third time.

"No, he isn't." I sighed.

"But he's your boyfriend. He's supposed to take you."

"I know, but he doesn't do this stuff. Anyways, what about Tanner? Isn't he supposed to take you?" Her eyes moved away from mine, and she looked down at her hands that were propped out on the table, her nails getting filed.

"He's... he's out of town." She stuttered.

"Okay.. well do you have a replacement date?" I asked suspiciously.

"Of course I do."

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"His name is Calum, he's so cute." She smiled at the mention of him.

"Okay, well I will have to meet him."

_____________________

After our nail appointment, Lilly and I went to go get our make-up done.

"I'm going to do a neutral eye, nothing to dramatic. Okay?" The make-up artist asked, her french accent rich and thick. I nodded, and closed my right eye.

"So, does Tanner know about this Calum guy?" I peeked through my left eye at Lilly.

"Not quite. But he won't know, because Calum is only escorting me there, and being my date for one night. Besides, it doesn't mean I like him or something, and does Harry know about Matt?"

"Mark," I corrected. "And no... so don't tell him anything."

"I won't if you won't." She smiled.

"Deal." I grinned back. "Where'd you meet this Calum anyways?"

"At a party. You know Meg? Yeah, she introduced us." She said, as my cheeks were dusted with a soft brush.

"A party? Why wasn't I invited?" I joked, as lipstick was being applied to my lips.

"Because you're always with Harry!" She laughed.

"I know, I know." I chuckled.

"Okay, all done." The make-up artist spoke up. I opened both my eyes, and looked into the mirror.

My lids were a beautiful pale nude color, with a matte brown in my crease, and a shimmery white shadow on the inner third of my eye. There was also a thin line of liquid eyeliner winged out on my lids as well, and a good coat of mascara onto natural false lashes. My lips were a light pink color, with a shiny gloss overtop.

"Thank you so much," I smiled at the artist, who gave me a smile back. After Lilly's make-up was finished, which looked amazing as well, we headed over to our hair appointment.

"So, Calum has 3 friends that I want you to meet too." Lilly looked over at me, as our hair was getting washed.

"Who? And how did they even get invited to the ball? Are they members of the country club?"

"I think their names are; Luke, Ashton and Michael. And I don't think so, but the ball is open invitation, remember? They just have to watch people like us walk onto the stage with our date." She explained, smiling.

"Right, they changed the rule, I forgot. And, how do you know these people?" I laughed.

"I told you! The party! Anyways, I think you and Luke would be so cute." She winked.