Chapter 56

~Annabel's POV~

I slowed to a stop, and quickly pulled out my tube of mascara before the light had a chance to turn green. Pulling the visor down, I began to apply the mascara in a quick way, and attempted to avoid any mess around my eyes. The light turned green, and I took a break from the mascara for a little while, until reaching another red light.

I made it to the building alive, with only two or three swerves but nothing major. Maybe I shouldn't have morning sex with Harry on work days. Oh well.

I scurried into the building, fixing my blouse and skirt, ensuring that I looked presentable. The automatic doors allowed me to keep walking forward, and up to the front desk.

"Hi how can I-" She began, before peering over the lit up computer screen. Her name was Nikki, as I recall. "Oh. It's you again." She said in an annoyed tone. I looked around awkwardly. "What do you need?"

"I um.. I'm here to work."

"Yeah, just go to your office. Beatrice!" She hollered. "She'll help you."

"Okay, thanks." I said, not waiting for a response before hurrying away. I waited by the elevators before a blonde lady holding a clipboard came scurrying over to me. Her hair was done in a sophisticated updo, and she was dressed much like me; black pencil skirt, and white blouse with polka dots overtop.

"Hi! I'm Beatrice, but you can call me Bea. Or Beatrice, it doesn't matter." She smiled. Her voice was friendly, and high, and her lips were painted a bright red color, making her teeth appear extremely white.

"Hi Bea, I'm Annabel." I smile back.

"Annabel Shaw, yes I know. I'm your personal assistant, assigned to you by Mr. Summers himself. Anything you need, I get for you." She spoke, in a preppy voice, and the elevator doors opened. I'm actually in awe, as I did not expect to have a personal assistant. It isn't even necessary. We both step in, and I watch as Bea presses the button for the penthouse.

"Why are we going up there?" I ask.

"Your office is up there. You must be a good worker, Mr. Summers doesn't give just anyone a penthouse office." She chuckles, and I stay silent.

"Was I late for work today?" I ask nervously.

"Just a tad, but it's alright. Mr. Summers doesn't usually come until an hour later than he's supposed to, so everyone just tells him an hour earlier than the correct time, whenever there's a meeting, or anything like that." She kindly explains.

"Oh, that's a smart idea." I laugh.

"Yeah, we all learned from experience." She giggles along. It takes about 30 seconds to get to the top floor, considering it is a very tall building.

The view from my huge room, is absolutely breathtaking. It overlooks the whole city, and I could only imagine what it'd look like at night. The whole place was bright and modern, and I took in everything with my eyes, as I spun aruond.

"This is amazing!" I gushed, and Bea stood with a wide smile on her face.

"It's exciting, isn't it?" Bea laughed at my reaction.

"Yes! Thank you so much!"

"Don't thank me, thank Mr. Summers!" She laughed.

"I'll be sure to," I smiled, sitting in the comfortable black spin chair.

"Is there anything you want me to do for you right now?" She asks.

"I don't want to do that to you, I don't feel right making you do things for me!" I shake my head.