Chapter 49

~Annabel's POV~

I sat patiently watching Lilly and Calum get comfortable with each other. She was sitting on his lap, her hand gently caressing his cheek, the both of them laughing. It was actually quite cute, and I wondered if that was what Harry and I looked like.

"Hey," I heard a voice over me. I looked up, and locked eyes with Luke. I uncrossed my legs, and scooched over on the couch to make room.

"Hi, you can sit." I smile. He smiles back and lowers himself next to me.

"You look really good tonight." He compliments.

"Thank you, so do you." I say, feeling a bit of heat rise in my cheeks.

"Crazy night, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, and it's only.." I click the home button of my phone. "11:10." I laugh.

"One more minute until 11:11." Luke points out, his blue eyes sparkling under the lights. I reclick the home button, and my phone lights up.

"Okay.." I say, my eyes planted on the time. "Make a wish now!" I let out a laugh as I close my eyes and wish for something. When I look at Luke, he's already staring at me. "What'd you wish for?"

"I can't tell you, or else it won't come true." He shakes his head.

"You believe that?" I asked, my mouth open a tad.

"Of course! It's the whole concept between why it comes true! If you tell someone, you'll jinx it and it won't happen!"

"I'd like you to prove that to me." I smirk.

"I will, once it comes true. I'll show you." He laughs.

"We'll see." I laugh along.

"If you're so confident in that not being true, why don't you tell me what you wished for?" He tests me, but I don't want to. It isn't for the same reason Luke had, it's just personal.

"I can't do that." I fake a smile.

"And why not?" He smirks. "Afraid of it not coming true? Are you converting over to the secret side?" He fake gasps.

"Not yet, I have to see if it works first." I make up an excuse.

"You will join, watch." Luke smirks at me, before Niall approaches us.

"Heeey you two!" He slurs, leaning to the side.

"Hi Niall," We laugh.

"What're you two doing here? Everyone's down there having a good time!" Niall laughs. I look around, and realize that it's only Luke and I sitting up in this private area.

"I guess we kinda got caught in conversation, I don't know." Luke scratched the back of his neck.

"Well you two should get on the dance floor." Niall laughed loudly.

"Why'd you come back up here?" I asked.

"I needed to grab my phone, pictures are important." He tells me, rummaging through his jacket pockets. His fingers fumble with the buttons, and I gently place a hand over his, indicating for him to stop. I carefully unbutton a pocket, and slide his phone out, handing it to him. "Thanks!" He cheerfully says, walking away. I watch as he holds on to everything stable near him. I turn back to Luke, and he's staring right at me.

"Wanna head down there?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiles at me, and stands from the couch. It's now that I realize how tall he actually is. He may be a tad bit shorter than Harry, but his height was definitely towering over my own.

We made our way down from the private party area, and onto the dance floor. I scanned the crowd for any sight of Harry, or anyone we would've known, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Do you see anyone?" Luke yelled over the music.

"No! Do you?" I asked.

"If I did I wouldn't be asking!" He teases, and I playfully hit his arm. A man walked past us two, and accidentally pushes my small figure. Instinctively, I grab onto Luke's bicep, as he attempts to catch me, by holding onto my waist. He pushes me back on my feet, and I already know that my cheeks are pink.

"Thanks," I smile shyly. His muscles were very toned and strong.

"We should find the group." Luke mumbles, and I nod my head and follow him, as he makes his way through the crowd of people. We reach the middle of the dance floor, and I try to ignore all the dirty looks that I'm being given, by girls in short black dresses. I begin to scan the crowd, anxious to find Harry. Things between Luke and I have gone to being awkward since I fell, and I didn't want to deal with this.

My eyes rapidly move around, trying to pinpoint the tall man, with curly brown hair. As soon as I turn my head to the right, I spot him in the distance.

"I found Harry," I turn to tell Luke. We begin to walk over, but I'm stopped dead in my tracks when I see a busty blonde walk over to him, basically grinding up against him. I expect to watch Harry walk away, or ignore her, but instead, I see his eyes travel down to her ass, and he laughs in amusement.

I can feel my eyes begin to swell up with tears, and I didn't realize my hands were clenched into a fist, until Luke grabs my wrist.

"Annabel, let's go." He whispers in my ear. I stay in the spot I'm frozen in, a tear finally slipping out of my eye. My eyebrows are furrowed together, and my lips are pulled unintentionally into a frown. Just as I decide to walk away, his green eyes lock with mine, and I know he can see my tears. By his facial expression, I can tell he knows I saw the whole thing. He looks shocked, worried almost. His mouth is open a tad, as if he wants to say something, but nothing will come out. I watch as he steps away from the blonde, and he takes a step forward, trying to make his way over to me. Luke whispers once again in my ear to leave, and this time, I follow.

_____________________________

What do you think of this? Are you mad at Harry?

Please comment on anything that interests you(:

Thank you to those who vote, and comment on my story, as well as those who follow me. I've reached 1.7K reads and words can not describe how happy I am so thank you!!😊