Chapter 33

~Annabel's POV~

I walked through the front door, and leaned my back on it, as it closed. Harry's words were still fresh in my mind, as well as our sexual experience. He made me feel so much better by saying those things. They were sweet, and they boosted my confidence up. Just as I started up the stairs, my mother called my name. So instead of heading to my room, I walked into my parents' room instead.

"Hi, you called for me?" I spoke, walking in.

"Annabel, where have you been?" She sternly asked, peering through her glasses. "Have you checked your phone within the last twelve hours?" She raised an eyebrow. I pulled it out of my satchel, and clicked the home button. The screen came to life, and sure enough, there were several missed calls and text messages from her, my father, and Josh.

"Sorry, Mother. I've been staying overnight at a friend's house."

"And who is this friend?" She asked, setting down papers and forms.

"Oh you don't-"

"Is it this Harry boy?" She interrupted, a smile slowly creeping onto her face.

"Maybe," I blushed shyly. It wasn't like my Mother to be having this type of conversation with me.

"Annabel, I think we need to have a talk." She nodded, patting an empty spot on her bed. I set my bag down, and sat facing her, my legs dangling off the side of the bed.

"Mother, please don't make this awkward," I groaned, making her laugh in what seemed like ages. What was happening?

"Sweetie, you're starting to mature, and you're reaching an age where you will start learning and discovering new things. Your father and I-"

"Dad knows?!" I exclaimed.

"He knows you have a man in your life other than Josh and him, but he doesn't know quite as much as I know. He's quite oblivious to this stuff." She chuckled. I puffed up my cheeks, and blew out the air, making loose strands of hair fly.

"Anyways," My mother began again. "As I was saying, your father and I, we very much trust your decisions, and we trust that you will make correct ones."

What the hell was happening? My mother never let me go out later than 10, without constantly checking on me. She always made my choices for me, and now all of a sudden she's letting me become an independant person?!

"But," She began again, interrupting my thoughts. "Please, Annabel. Be safe. If you're going to become sexually active,"

"Mother," I whined, closing my eyes shut, and frowning.

"No, I'm serious, Annabel! I don't expect you to tell me when you start, but please know that I need you to be safe."

"I will Mother." I smiled. Even though most of the time my mother was strict, and straight foward, I loved her, and I knew she cared about me lots. It was strange to me, why she was acting this way, but I didn't mind at all.

"Good. Now, just a warning ahead of time, you have appointments booked all day tomorrow, so no hanging out with your boyfriend."

She's back.

"Alright, I will make sure I'm free." I smiled, standing from the bed, and grabbing my bag off the ground. I headed to my room, and fell back onto my bed, with my phone clutched in my hand. I clicked the home screen once again, and unlocked it, finding a text from Harry.

From Harry: I talked to my friends, they said they would love to meet you tonight. I'll pick you up at 6. Wear something nice, we're going to a club xx