Chapter 28

~Annabel's POV~

Harry's actions surprised me. Okay, maybe I was still a bit on the drunk side, but that didn't mean I didn't want what was about to happen. I wasn't sure whether or not to feel thankful for his respect for me, or hurt for the rejection. So, to make it easier for me, and for him, I decided to just leave.

I was headed towards the door, ready to put my heels back on, when I felt a warm hand wrap around my wrist.

"Don't leave," He whispered. I looked at him, in attempt to read his emotions. There was a small glimmer in his face, a flash of pain..?

"Harry, I-"

"Don't go, Annabel. Stay with me tonight." He spoke, tugging my arm slightly, forcing me to take a step forward. I swallowed, unsure of what to do. Every part of my body was telling me to stay with him, but there was a small little angel sitting on my shoulder, telling me it would be a bad idea. I decided to brush it off, as I nodded, dropping my shoe on the floor. Harry's hand slid down my wrist, and his fingers intertwined with mine, as he pulled me back into the house.

_______________

"You can wear this, if you want." Harry offered, handing me a black t-shirt of his, and a pair of plaid boxers. I nodded, gently taking it out of his hand. "And uh, I barely wear those boxers anymore, so you should be good." He said, moving his hand to the nape of his neck.

"Thanks," I smiled, heading to the bathroom. I stripped from the tight dress, and slipped on the breathable clothing Harry lent to me. I examined myself in the mirror, after the clothes were on my body. They were obviously big, but not too big. Almost like an oversized sweater, or sweatshirt. It smelled like fresh laundry detergent, and a hint of mint, his natural scent. I took a big whiff of the heavenly smell, before gathering my neatly folded bra, and dress, and walking back into Harry's room. His eyes widened at the sight of me, and he tried his best to look away.

"Fuck," He mumbled softly, but I still heard it. A smile crept onto my face, and I turned away so he wouldn't see my flushed cheeks. "They uh.. they fit well." Harry spoke, his eyes trailing up and down my body, as I set my clothes onto an open chair.

"Yeah, I guess. Thank you." I smiled. I turned away, to "tidy up" the clothes that sat on the chair, but I was just hiding my humor towards Harry's nervous state around me in his clothes. He was adorable.

______________

I was cuddled up close to his body, as we laid with the covers over our bodies, on his bed. He played with my fingers, as he finished telling the story of his first tattoo.

"And that, is why I decided to get a star as my first tattoo."

"Interesting.." I nodded, smiling. His lips pressed onto the top of my head, and I closed my eyes, savoring the warmth of our bodies close together. "What time is it?" I muttered.

"12:05." He responded, after a couple of silent seconds. "We should get to sleep." He spoke, pulling me closer into his chest. We've been talking for several hours now, and we've definitely

made some progress. I've learned a lot more about Harry, than I've ever expected, but somehow it still wasn't enough. I wanted to know more about him, and who he is. Not just the little events that occurred in his life. I wanted something more, I wanted to feel connected with him, to feel close to him, but for now, the closeness of me cuddled up against his chest, was enough. I felt his large hand softly stroking my long hair, as we slowly drifted off to sleep.

________________

I woke up with a large hand wrapped around my waist. I looked at a sleeping Harry, peaceful, and beautiful. I smiled lightly, as I ran my index finger along his chiseled jaw line. He stirred a bit, but didn't wake. I carefully tried to climb out of the bed, flipping the covers off me first. I lifted my head, and upper body, in attempt to get out of Harry's grip on me. It didn't work. He tightened the grip, and pulled me towards him, groaning. I felt his face burying into my hair.