Chapter 63

~Annabel's POV~

I adjusted my dress and bra straps as I casually smoothed down my hair and walked out of the bathroom. Seconds later, Harry comes out after me, fixing his belt.

"Harry, you were supposed to wait a couple of minutes, not seconds." I say through clenched teeth.

"Sorry babe, I couldn't stand not being near you." He teases, and I roll my eyes, and lightly shove his arm.

By the time we're back in the banquet hall, the wedded couple are sharing their first dance together to a nice song. I watch intently, as Harry takes my hand and leads me back to the table, ensuring that I don't trip or bump into anything. I gaze at the dancers, as Charlotte, Brielle's sister is spun by her husband. They look into each other's eyes lovingly and I can practically see a glossy coat of tears from where I'm sitting. It was absolutely beautiful.

A round of applause fills the air, and guests begin dancing as well. Couples are everywhere, and they sway slowly back and forth, and I even spot Lilly and Calum. Her head is rested on his chest, their hands intertwined, and Calum's eyes are closed in an embracing way.

"Let's go." Harry stands from his chair and I look up at him.

"Go where?"

"Let's dance." He says and holds out a hand for me. I can't help but smile, and I place my hand in his, and we make our way to the dance floor. My fingers slip around his neck, as his hands rest at my waist. I look up into his captivating green eyes, and stare at him.

"What?" He chuckles.

"You're so handsome." I don't mean to say outloud, and I can feel myself blush as he laughs.

"Well thank you. But you're perfect." He says, and I shudder.

"Don't say that. I'm not." I say, and pull him closer to me.

"Why are you so against me calling you that?"

"I don't like the meaning behind the word. It's like, nothing in the world can be perfect. Every single thing has flaws, and I wish the whole world can see that. Someone may seem perfect to you, but their life could have so many more problems, so many secrets." I tell him. "And as for a person being 'perfect,' I don't think it's necessary. Being perfect is like being fake. I don't know, I'd rather be called beautiful." I blush.

"Okay, I see where you're coming from." He nods. "Alright. You're absolutely, one hundred percent, utterly and completely beautiful."

"I love you so much, Harry." I laugh, and he kisses my lips softly.

"Spin." He whispers, and lifts his arm for me to spin. I feel my hair flow freely along with my movements, and Harry stops me infront of him, and we continue to dance together.

"Don't you love weddings?" I ask.

"No." He scoffs.

"But they're such beautiful things." I frown. "I mean, can't you imagine someday having one of your own?"

"I'm not going to have one."

"Oh." Is all I say.

"Annabel, I plan on being with you, and only you forever, even if you happen to lose your love for me. I'll always go after you." He says. "But we don't have to be married to stay together."

"But-"

"No, nothing's going to change my mind about this whole marriage deal."

"I'm just saying, like, there's two people in a relationship. I get a say in this too. You may chase me forever, but I won't wait around with the hope that someday you'll get down on one knee and tell me that you want to spend the rest of my life with me."