Chapter 43

~Annabel's POV~

I pulled the straightener through my hair one last time, and switched it off. Fixing any weird parts of my hair with my fingers, I stared at my reflexion in the mirror, wondering why Harry would pick me, of all people. I wasn't really a special sight, in my own eyes. There were prettier people than me out there, and Harry could get any of them, from what I heard, the first time I saw him.

I sighed weakly, and pushed myself off the white chair, just to grab a bottle of sweet-smelling perfume. I sprayed some on my wrists, and rubbed them together, only to pat them onto my neck lightly. I applied a light coat of mascara, and a thin line of liquid eyeliner on my lid, before walking into my closet. I ended up choosing a black dress that buttoned all the way down, with a cute layer of lace underneath the solid fabric, and on the back of the dress. I clicked the home button of my phone to check the time, and it was 5:29. I began to head down the stairs, just as the bell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled out to my family. Smoothing down my hair with my hands, and taking a deep breath, I twisted the lock, and opened the door, exposing Harry, dressed quite nicely, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He looked up as the door opened, and smiled once his eyes locked on mine.

"Hey," He grinned, accentuating his dimples.

"Hi," I smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear and moving aside. "Come in." He stepped into the house, and I closed the door behind him, as my mother approached from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a towel.

"Harry, it's good to see you again." She said, reaching up for a hug. She kissed him on the cheek in a motherly/friendly way, before wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You too, Mrs. Shaw." He smiles. "These are for your family," Harry awkwardly holds out the beautiful bouquet of colorful carnations.

"These are absolutely beautiful!" She gushes. "And call me Madeline, remember? Dinner will be ready shortly, so make yourself at home in the meantime." She adds with a warm smile.

"Thank you... Madeline." Harry nods. We both stay silent until my mom is out of sight.

"Those flowers are beautiful, thank you for those." I speak.

"They were gonna be for you, and you only, but I didn't want to show up without anything for the rest of your family." He explains.

"Well I'm sure they're grateful for them." I laugh.

"You look beautiful," Harry compliments, looking me up and down, in a non-offensive way.

"Thank you, so do you." I smile, fixing the collar of his plain dark blue polo.

"You don't think it's too much?"

"Not at all, my parents will like it, especially my mom, but she already seems to love you." I chuckle.

"Thank god, but now I have to get your dad to like me."

"I think he already does." I giggle.

"Good, because even if they didn't, I'm afraid I'd still have to date you anyways." He grabs me, and puts me over his shoulder, causing me to shriek out in surprise.

"Harry, put me down!" I yell, laughing as he does the same.

"Annabel?" I look behind me, over Harry's shoulder, at the front door, and there stands Josh and Cameron. Harry slowly lowers me to the ground, and I straighten out my dress and hair awkwardly.

"Josh," I clear my throat. "This is Harry, my boyfriend. Harry, this is Josh, my brother and his girlfriend Cameron."

"So this is the famous Harry," Josh smiles holding out a hand.