Chapter 42

~Harry's POV~

I wasn't really sure if I heard her right.

"What?" I turned around to face her.

"I want you to come in my house, and meet my parents." She giggled.

"No way, I'm not dressed properly, no! I need to figure out what to say, and-"

"Harry!" She laughed, cutting me off. "You'll be fine, they'll love you."

"No, Annabel I'm serious!" To be honest, I was nervous as fuck. This would be the first time I would be meeting my girlfriend's parents, and I had no idea how to act. It was all so sudden! What if they didn't like me? What if they refused to let Annabel see me anymore, after meeting me? I was beginning to become paranoid, when I probably didn't have much to worry about. We made our way to the car, and began driving, with Annabel nagging me to come inside, once we arrived at her place. My palms gripped the steering wheel tightly, so that my knuckles began turning white. I could feel the sweat building up on my hands, and I nervously wiped them on my jeans at a red light.

"Don't be so nervous, you have nothing to worry about. I promise." Annabel tried to assure me, but I didn't really believe it. Either that, or I refused to believe it. We pulled into her driveway, and every part of me hoped her parents weren't home. I looked at Annabel, and she squeezed my hand, her eyes sparkling. I sighed, and climbed out of the car, linking hands with Annabel, as we walked towards the front door.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath as she rummaged through her clutch for keys, her dress draped over her arm.

"You will be fine, Harry. Don't stress so much about it." She smiled, feeding the key into the lock. "Now, my dad is pretty cool, he won't kill you or anything. My mom on the other hand, she expects certain things. But just be yourself, and they'll love you." She explained, before opening the door.

"What if they don't?" I asked.

"Well, then they won't love the idea of us together. But nothing is going to convince me to leave you." She smiled, pecking me on the lips. Those words were like music to my ears. That's all I needed to know, was that Annabel won't leave me, no matter what. I was a tad bit more calm now, but I was still nervous as fuck, and I'm surprised my sweaty as hell, hands weren't bothering Annabel.

She pushed the door open, and pulled me inside. There was no backing out now. Shit.

"I'm home!" She called out, her voice echoing through the whole house. From the top of the stairs, a figure appeared, and I assumed it was her mother.

"Annabel, who do you have with you?" She asked. Her voice sounded professional, and serious, and she began walking down the steps, her long dress dragging behind her. Why she felt the need to wear dresses around the house, I had no idea.

"This is my boyfriend, Harry." Annabel smiled, pulling my arm in attempt to bring me closer to her.

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am." I awkwardly smiled.

"Oh, Harry! I've heard so much about you, it's so nice to finally meet you! Call me Madeline!" She exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug. My back was hunched over a bit, due to the height difference, as I awkwardly hugged her back. "Brad! Come here!" She called out. A man walked over from the kitchen, and walked next to Annabel's mum.

"Hey, sport." He said, pulling Annabel in for a hug. "Who's this young man?" He smiled at me.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Harry."

"Nice to meet you sir." I spoke, trying not to let my voice shake, as I held out a hand.

"Good to meet you, son. Please, call me Brad." He smiled, shaking my hand. His grip was strong, but he didn't seem to come off as intimidating at all.