Chapter 18

~Annabel's POV~

He played the guilt card on me. I knew exactly what he was doing. He acted like I didn't do anything wrong, and he made me feel even more guilty than I was. But I didn't do anything wrong here. He was the one that caused me to ignore him in the first place! Right? Wrong. Apparently he was with his mom.. in the hospital. Could I get any guiltier? Probably not. But Harry was actually quite forgiving, and understanding. And when he touched my skin, I felt sparks shooting throughout my body. We ate and conversed a bit. I was close to walking out the door, but Harry asked me to visit his mom with him. I felt honored, but I wasn't really sure if I should go. I mean his mom didn't know me at all, and I didn't want to meet her when she was in the hospital. Why did Harry invite me to come anyways? The tone of his voice, the way he was practically pleading for me to come, made me change my mind. I was to go and support Harry and his family. So here I was, sitting in the front seat of his car, with the radio at a low volume. It was a bit awkward, and I just stared out the window. Even with the radio on the lowest volume, I could still hear the murmer of words. Right away, I recognized the song. It was my favorite song ever.

All of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.

I couldn't help but to hum along with the melody.It was a beautiful song. The song that I planned to have played at my wedding. If I ever got married.

"You know this song?" Harry suddenly spoke, making me jump a bit. I shifted my body.

"Yeah, it's my favorite song." I smiled. I could see him nod from the corner of my eye. He adjusted himself in his seat, as he gripped the steering wheel. His hand moved over to the radio, and he turned the volume up.

You're my end and my beginning. Even when I lose I'm winning.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sweet song. I could practically feel the tense atmosphere, in the air. Harry was concentrating on the lyrics of the song. I could already tell. I knew he felt a bit uncomfortable, because I felt it a little as well. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I knew Harry and I had a "thing" going on. After all, we did kiss. Twice. And here we are, listening to a love song. I could only wonder if he felt the same way.

We turned into a street, and I could see the tall hospital building in front of us. He parked the car, and walked out of the car, and made his way to the passenger's side. I watched as his hand reached for the door, and he opened it, holding out a free hand to help me get out. I took it, and stepped out of the car, as he pulled slightly.

"Thanks," I muttered as he slammed the car door. He nodded slightly, and we walked towards the entrance together.

______________

~Harry's POV~

I wasn't actually sure if I wanted Annabel to meet mum. I mean, I did, but I could only picture my mum's reaction. She'll give me a long speech about how amazing Annabel is, and how she's the kind of girl I should marry someday. But here's the thing about marriage; why would you want to get married to someone you'd have to spend your whole life with? Why do you have to secure that with promises? I think the whole thing is total bullshit, and if you wanted to be with someone forever, you can do that, but you don't have to get married. Weddings are stupid, and there's always a thing called 'divorce.' It takes so much time and effort to go through that, and if you were just dating, it doesn't take any paper work to break up. Getting married is a waste of time, and I would never do it. If my girlfriend wanted to get married, she'd have to understand how I felt about it. If she loved me enough, she'd stay with me.

Annabel sat quietly in the car for the whole ride. It was a bit awkward, and she faced the window the whole time, but at least she didn't see me while I admired her. I heard a faint humming coming from something, and I thought it was just the radio, until I looked at Annabel. She was humming the song.