Chapter 19

~Harry's POV~

There are so many things about Annabel, that I just can't get enough of. The way she gets so concentrated and excited about literature books, the way she was so interested in a house, the way her eyes sparkled when she saw something amazing, and the list goes on and on. I watched as she looked at the colored sky, so intrigued. Her eyelashes were long, and her skin was so perfect. I examined her, and took it all in, remembering every little detail about her. I stared at her slightly parted lips, as she looked at the scenery, remembering how those felt on mine. I longed for the feeling of her soft lips again, the taste of sweetness on her tongue, and I couldn't hold it in. She was so beautiful. The kiss was like no other. I could feel the passion, and she sent electricity through my body. I wanted to take it further, but I didn't want it to seem like I was taking advantage of her. Shit, what was I turning into? And then I went and quoted her favorite song. How cheesy was that? Fuck, I made a complete fool of myself. Or did I? I felt her mouth creep into a smile, as she gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"That was incredibly sweet, Harry." I breathed a sigh of relief as we made our way back into my room, and down the stairs. We settled onto the living room couch, and turned on the tv.

"Harry?" She asked after a couple of minutes. I looked over at her. "Where do we stand right now?" I heard stress in her voice, that I didn't mean to cause.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, sometimes we go without talking, and we act like friends, but we both know we have something more then that." She explained.

"I don't know," I sighed. I brought a hand up to my hair, and ran my fingers through it. "I guess we're more than friends, but I don't know." I responded. She stayed silent, and stared at the tv. "Come here," I spoke. She looked at me, and scooched closer. I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her into my chest. She nuzzled her head into my neck, as I kissed her gently on her forehead.

"Tell me some things about you?" She spoke, her voice soft, and calm.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Tell me about your father." I immediately tensed up, and clenched my jaw.

"Anything but that. Ask a different question." I answered.

"But I want to know-"

"Annabel, not now." I interrupted, closing my eyes. She stayed silent, and the only sound that filled the tense atmosphere was the murmuring of the tv. I heard her swallow, as she shifted nervously. A ring of a phone broke the position that we were in, as she stood to grab it.

"Hello?" I watched as she spoke.

"Yeah... Okay... Love you too, bye." She clicked the off button, and looked at me. "Well that was my mom, I need to go." She explained. I nodded, and pushed myself up off the couch. I headed to the front door, and grabbed my keys on the way. The car ride was yet, another awkward one. I feel bad for snapping at her like that, but it was a touchy subject for me. I was sensitive to the word 'father.' She stayed silent the whole time, obviously hurt that I responded the way I did. I was harsh, but it wasn't an easy thing to talk about. I drove her to the parking lot of Steak n' Shake, which was almost vacant, except for 3 cars.

"Thanks, Harry." She responded, fumbling quickly to open the door.

"Wait," I grabbed her arm, and she turned to look at me, her eyes glistening with tears. "Annabel, I'm sorry." I sighed. I felt her relax a bit. "My father is a really hard thing for me to talk about. I'm not ready to reveal such a huge thing. I'm sorry." I looked into her eyes.

"I understand, thank you Harry. For an amazing night." She smiled, exiting the car. I forced a smile back, even though I felt extremely idiotic. I watched as she made her way to her car, and I made sure she drove away safely, before heading back to my own home.