Chapter 53

~Annabel's POV~

I began to internally panic as we walked closer and closer to the table Harry and I would be sitting at. I frantically smoothed out my dress, making sure everything looked okay, and messed with my hair, attempting to make it look better when I was probably making it look worse. Before we arrived, I pulled out my phone quickly, and opened the camera to check my make-up and hair, and surprisingly, I looked pretty good. Just as I locked my phone and tucked it away, I looked up to see Harry, sitting at a table for two, his hands nervously joined together, elbows on the table, and his joined hands at his mouth. From under the table, I could tell his knee was bouncing up and down in anxiety, and I felt hurt for him. As I took a couple more steps, he seemed to realize that I had arrived, considering he frantically stood from his seat, and smoothed out his attire.

He was wearing a full on suit and tie, and he looked so handsome. Dangerously handsome. Enough that I could feel an ache inbetween my legs. The proximity between our two bodies was extremely close. My chest was inches away from touching his, and he looked down at me, his height towering over me. We were so close, the smell of his cologne traveled to my nostrils, mixed with mint. Peppermint. I loved it.

We just stared at each other, missing the presence of one another, even though it has only been about a day. The waiter looked confused on why no words were being exchanged between us two, but instead just looks.

I had to admit, I missed the color of his green eyes, and the feel of his long brown curls, even though I wasn't close to touching it right now. I could tell Harry was battling the urge to wrap me in his long arms, and bury his face in my neck. To be honest, if he was to do that, I wouldn't mind.

"You look beautiful," He whispers, his voice raspy, sending shivers up my spine.

"Thank you, you look handsome as well," I compliment back. The waiter had already left after a minute of awkward silence. Well, awkward for him. The menus were propped up at either side of the table.

"Please, sit." Harry says, pulling out the chair for me. I lower myself into the seat, and scooch the chair closer to the table as he makes his way to the other side.

"How are you?" I ask, like it's been a long time since we've seen each other.

"I've been better." He mumbles. "I was beginning to freak out. I thought you stood me up." He admits.

"Sorry, I had things to take care of." I force a small chuckle.

"Annabel, I'm so sorry." He cuts straight to it. "It's not what you think, you've got to believe me." He begs.

"Then what was it, Harry? I saw what I saw, and it was clear to me."

"No, baby no that's not it!"

"Then explain to me. I have thought about this so much, and I never seemed to find another explanation other than the one."

"What do you think happened? You explain to me."

"Harry, you know exactly-"

"Just explain. Please." His voice lowered, and he almost seemed afraid. I sighed.

"Luke and I were talking up at the private party area. Neither of us had realized everyone went down to the dance floor, until Niall came up and told us." I slowly explained. "We went down, and tried searching for anyone we knew, and I was looking for you. Once I saw you, I began making my way towards you, and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a stupid whore grinding against you." I was beginning to get angry at the thought of it again, and I couldn't seem to control my choice of words. "It was painful, seeing you laugh along to her, and once you saw me, I could see the guilt in your eyes." I finished. He didn't say anything for a while, staying silent and looking straight at me. I couldn't look him in the eyes or I knew I would start crying, so instead, I looked down at my hands, twirling my thumbs together. I couldn't help but let a tear slip out of my eye, and my hand shot up to wipe it away immediately. Soon, I felt a hand on my knee, and I looked to my left, at a kneeling Harry. I shifted my body and chair to face him more.

"Annabel,"

"Harry what're you doing? Get off the floor." I gently spoke.

"Listen to me." He grabbed my hands. "Do you think I would do that? I have you, why would I enjoy that? She wasn't even there to me. I was drunk, and everything was hazy, and I could barely feel her against me. I looked down at her, and laughed because of how numb I was, that I couldn't feel her. I laughed because she could never compare to my Annabel. It wasn't because I enjoyed it, or liked it in any way. I laughed because of how stupid she looked, grinding against someone that didn't care about anyone except for one person. Annabel, don't you realize? That one person is you. It is, and it will be forever." His hand moved up to my cheek, his thumb swiping away a tear, before he gently caressed my cheek.

"Don't lie to me, Harry." I warned.

"Annabel, I promise you I'm not. Why would I lie to you? I swear that's the truth. I love you so much. More than you can imagine." He tilted my chin up to look at him, and into his electrifying eyes. He was so beautiful, so loving. He wasn't what everyone thought he was. He was kindhearted, and sentimental. Loving, and caring, and such a beautiful human being.

"I love you, Harry." I let the words slip out of my mouth. I wasn't crying that much, only a few tears came out but I was stronger than I expected myself to be. His heartbroken expression turned into a warm, and bright smile, exposing the dimples on his cheeks. He pushed himself higher, still on his knees and brought my face into both of his hands, after tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I love you so much, you're so perfect," Harry whispered. As if we were in a perfect romantic movie, he cupped my face, and pulled me gently into him, his soft lips pressing against mine. I missed this feeling, even though it hasn't been that long. I missed the fireworks inside of me, and the feeling of excitement and goosebumps he gave me every time we kissed. My hands wrapped around his neck, and I gently pushed his head, deepening the kiss, as we moved in sync, and in perfect rhythm. My fingers ran through his soft curls, and I smiled into our kiss, happy that we were back where we belonged.

I was the one that pulled away, even though I didn't want it to end. I knew there were people around us, and we've been kissing long enough as it is, being in a public restaurant that's almost too fancy for my liking. Our foreheads rested against one another's, my eyes closed, still savoring the moment, and I knew the words were true. He loved me, and I loved him and nothing could ever change that.

__________________________

~Luke's POV~

I was talking about myself. She was just too oblivious to notice. I wasn't even sure if Harry loved her the way I could. I mean yeah, Harry was one of my best mates in highschool, minus the fact that when he was a senior, I was a sophomore. He helped me get away with the bullies. I had him to protect me and we became good friends. I knew what he did to girls he slept with. 'Fuck 'em and leave 'em,' Is what he always used to say. It surprised me for sure that Harry is in a relationship, but Annabel is too good for him. She's kind and sweet, and beautiful and Harry is the complete opposite. He's an arse, is what he is but I could never say that.

When I dropped Annabel off, and reminded her that 'he loves her,' I was talking about myself. I love her. I haven't noticed it myself until she was next to me in that bed. I could barely sleep, her scent filling my nostrils, making me want to pull her closer to my body.

I made a promise to myself. I promised to be there if Harry had ever hurt her again, to be her shoulder to cry on. I promise to take care of her, even if she doesn't love me back, no matter how much it hurts. I promise to love her, when no one else doesn't, and to make sure she's in good hands. I promise to do all of this, for her even if she doesn't love me. Why?

Because you'll do anything for the person you love, and the person I loved was her.

______________________________

Wowow, double update! I hope you guys enjoyed and thanks so much to @kristayyyy578 for reading and voting! ;)

Love love love you guys! The picture attatched is the dress Annabel chose to wear.