Chapter 72

A/N: so im gonna address the elephant in the room first before the chapter... Zayn.

It's been super hard and I haven't been coping with it very well I kinda just listen to fetus and their music in general and look at pictures and sulk in him but it makes it more depressing because I love him so much.

I think we all need to support him though because his mental health is everything. All we want is our boys to be happy and if this is the way he will be, then so be it. Of course we will miss him but what else can you do besides support him?

We also need to be there for the other four. They need us more than ever and they need to know we support and love them no matter what so let's show them what they mean to us!!

Enjoy the chapter. :)

~Annabel's POV~

"So where do we start?" I ask, and I can't even recognize my own voice.

"I don't know." He sighs and I can literally hear the tired in his voice. I can hear the pain and weakness that goes along with everything.

"Harry.. tell me what you're feeling."

"I don't... this isn't easy for me to do." He says, fumbling with his fingers.

"I know. Me either but we need to actually talk." We don't say anything for a while. He stares down at his hands and I try to hold back tears, swallowing every other second.

"Why?" He suddenly asks.

"Why what?"

"Why'd you even kiss him? Why did you do it? What went through your head, did you not think of me? Did you even remember you had a boyfriend? Did you even remember me?"

"Harry..." I say and my eyes begin to water.

"No, you wanna talk? Let's talk. Tell me why."

"I didn't want to, he came onto me. I wasn't thinking of anything at the time. Hell, I wasn't thinking! The only thing I thought was it was nothing like your kisses, and that's when I stopped and realized everything."

"What do you mean 'like my kisses?' Was he better?" He spits, but I can still tell he's nervous and scared.

"Of course not, Harry. I told you, the kiss, if anything, made me realize how much I loved you, and how badly I want to be with you. No one else, you."

"Do you know how I felt when you told me you kissed him back?" He asks me, sadness in his green eyes and I shake my head. "I felt like my world crashed. I felt like every bit of life in me was sucked out and I was numb. I was shocked, I didn't think you would. I couldn't believe it, at first. But you would never lie to me. I was afraid that you would leave me. You'd go for the rich CEO of a company and leave me."

"Harry you know I would never go for a guy because of money."

"I know but that isn't the point. Point is, I felt afraid. Vulnerable. Scared. I don't want to lose you, Annabel. Fuck, I don't. But it hurt. A lot, and I don't know what I'd do if you chose him."

"Harry, listen to me. I would never choose him over you. I wouldn't choose anyone over you, for that matter. You are the one for me, you're the only one who could make me the happiest and you're the one that helps me feel this much love. Love I didn't know was possible. So please, don't ever say that. You mean so much to me, more than imaginable and you won't ever lose me to anyone."

"Why couldn't you just listen to me the first time?" His voice cracks, tone soft and quiet compared to the rough tone before.

"I... I didn't know. I thought you were being overprotective. Harry, you have to believe me. I'm sorry. With all my heart."

"That's me, Annabel. That's who I am. I'm overprotective, I overreact. I see things in a more negative light than positive, but sometimes it's for the better. If I never had the sense that your fucking prick of a boss liked you, I wouldn't have shown up that night, would I?" He asks, and I shake my head, a tear falling from my eye.

"I know you, Harry. I know who you are, and I know what you do and think. Trust me. You saved me, basically. And I thank you for that. But not every guy we meet is a threat."

"This one sure was." He mumbles.

"What do we need to do to improve our relationship?"

"I don't know, Annabel. I've never... I haven't really ever been in a relationship like this until you."

"Okay... well for starters we can trust each other." I suggest and he slowly nods his head. "And you need to know that you're the only person for me ever."

"And you can't cheat on me." He blurts and I feel my eyes blur once again.

"I-"

"I'm sorry." He breathes. "I couldn't help it, but please, Annabel. Please don't do it again. Promise me."

"Of course, Harry. I promise." I say, and mean it. "And you need to work on your temper." I say.

"Hey, it isn't that bad." He defends himself and I can't help but laugh at his face.

"Still, that's something we can work on." I laugh and his smile lights up my world.

"Annabel... I know our falling out has been... rough. But I want you to know; no matter what I'll always love you. Always. And nothing you do can ever change that. Nothing can ever change that, in fact. It's been hard, but we need to
work together on this. I'll give you everything, I'll give you my all. If you give me yours." He says, taking my hands in his.

"Of course, Harry. Of course." I say through soft sobs.

"Come here, love." He mumbles and I pad over to him, sitting on his lap. His arms wrap protectively around me and I bury my face into the crook of his neck, his brown soft curls tickling my ear and the side of my own neck.

"I love you so much." I whisper.

"I know. I love you too." He says back and ny heart is warm again, and there is no place I'd rather be than in Harry's arms, and feeling his love. He kisses my cheek, and I break away from the hug to look at him, and take in every small detail, every single inch of his face. I memorize it, and paint it in my mind so I can always remember him and this moment. This amazingly special moment.

"C'mon, let's get to bed, huh?" He smiles and I nod. His hands move to my thighs to push me off gently but I stop him.

"Carry me?" I flutter my lashes in a pleading way, and he chuckles, rolling his eyes.

"Fine." He says, and hooks his arms under my knees, carrying me to the bedroom bridal style, before dropping me onto the bed. "My baby," He coos, and climbs into the covers to join me.

"Goodnight." I whisper as his lips press against my forehead.

"Goodnight my love. Get some sleep." He whispers, and for the first night in a while, I feel safe and sound. Cozy even, in my true love's arms.
_____________________

Sorry for the lazy, rushed, short chapter I wanted to get something up to regard Zayn. :(

I hope you enjoy anywayss!