Chapter 51

~Annabel's POV~

I woke up to a perfectly made right side of the bed. I sat up, careful not to mess up the sheets, realizing I was in Luke's room. Memories of the laughs last night flashed through my mind, making me smile. Yawning, I pushed the white duvet gently off of me, and smoothed it out, fluffing up the pillows as well.

In the bathroom, I searched for a new toothbrush I could possibly use. Hopefully Luke won't mind if I do.

After freshening up, I made my way to the kitchen.

"Luke?" I called out. There was no response. I walked forward, and came across a piece of paper on the marble countertop.

Annabel-

Good morning, I left to go to work. Help yourself with anything you need, and make yourself at home.

Luke

I nodded to myself, and tucked the note away, slipping it in my clutch. I opened the fridge, and it was pretty much empty, possibly because only one person was living here. I grabbed a container of blueberries and raspberries, and a container of vanilla yogurt. I searched through the cabinets, and pulled out a box of granola, and mixed all the ingredients together into a white glass bowl, in attempt to make a parfait. It was a silent breakfast, and after I finished, I decided to do all the dishes.

After drying the last cup, and placing it into the cupboard, I decided to check my phone. To be honest, I was quite nervous to see the number of missed calls and text messages I received from the previous night. I waited patiently as my phone turned on, and once the picture of Harry and I flashed on the lock screen, it froze momentarily, before tons of notifications began popping up. I typed in my passcode, and saw that I had 15 new voicemails, and over 20 text messages, and over 25 missed calls. I debated listening to the voicemails, and decided to.

"Annabel, it's Harry. Answer your phone, I need to talk to you."

"Annabel, I need to explain, please, love. I need to talk to you."

"I'm beginning to become desperate. Pick up, please." His voice sounded broken, almost as if he'd been crying, but I doubted it.

"Where did you go? Are you okay? Please answer I'm worried."

"Annabel call me back. Let me know you aren't dead or something, I'm freaking out." My heart ached at the tone of his voice, and I decided to listen to one last message.

"Listen babe, I fucked up, I need you to call me back so we can talk. It isn't what you think, and I should've gone after you quicker. I'm worried as fuck that you aren't safe. Annabel if anything happens, I'll never forgive myself. Baby, please. I love you."

I sighed, and deleted every other unheard voicemail, and didn't bother to read the text messages. Not all of them were Harry, however, from what I saw in my inbox. Some were from the other boys in the group, and tons from Lilly as well. I felt bad for making all of these people stressed and worried for me when I was safe the whole time. I sent a quick text message to Harry.

To Harry: I'm okay.

Hopefully that was enough for him to stop worrying, but knowing him, he'll spam me 100 messages until I respond again.

My phone sounded with a notification.

From Harry: Fuck, Annabel are you okay? Where are you?

To Harry: I just said I'm okay.

From Harry: Where are you? Please come home.

To Harry: I can't.