Chapter 7

~Annabel's POV~

I stormed out of the bathroom, angrily. But was I actually angry? He had such charm, such dignity to say these things to me, and I found myself loving it. I smoothed out the front of my dress, before I walked out to the chattering crowd. It wasn't like anyone would see me though, they were too busy talking. I got out just in time, because at that moment, Dan and Kristy walked down the stairs. Kristy looked beautiful, with an elegant amethyst colored dress, and her light brown hair pinned in an elegant updo. Dan was dressed in a classic suit, and Lilly and her siblings all looked so nice. I turned my attention towards the family, along with everyone else. Everyone looked up at the new couple, as they gracefully walked down the stairs. I locked eyes with Lilly, and she smiled wider. I was happy that she was finally here, at least now I didn't have to face Harry alone. As the family reached the bottom of the stairs, Dan started a speech. 

"Thank you all for being here tonight, this means a lot to both Kristy and I." He continued to speak, as I let my eyes wander around, not paying attention to what he was saying. My eyes caught Harry. He was leaning against a wall, arms and ankles crossed. He was looking back at me, with that smirk that always seemed to be planted on his face. I rolled my eyes, only to look back at Dan, who was just finishing speaking. Everyone burst into a round of applause, and parted to the side, as the family walked through, towards the dining area. After they passed through, people began entering the dining hall as well. There was a small string quartet playing soft classical music, and everyone began finding their name on a small sheet of paper, at the corner of each plate. I circled around the rectangular table, and finally found my name, typed in an elegant cursive font. I sat down swiftly in my chair, and looked at the fancy silverware, and plates, sitting infront of me. It wasn't long until someone sat down next to me. It was the same old woman at the wedding, that wouldn't stop crying.

"Hello, dear." She spoke, her voice warm, and kind.

"Hello, ma'am." I smiled, as she sat down.

"Oh, please call me Missy." She smiled, her blue eyes sparkling. I smiled, and nodded. "Are you related to Dan?" She asked kindly.

"I'm Dan's daughter's best friend." I explained, as best I could. I let out a small laugh, embarassed.

"Oh, how wonderful." Missy chuckled. Another guest slipped into the seat on my right, and it was just my luck. Harry. I looked over as he sat down, and rolled my eyes just as he looked at me. I turned my body towards Missy.

"Hey," I heard his deep voice.

"What do you want? Aren't you supposed to be in a seat with your name?" I asked, quite rudely.

"It does say my name," He chuckled. I looked over at the piece of paper that lay at the corner of his plates. And it read 'Harry' in the same fancy cursive. I heard him chuckle, as I looked away embarassed.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked, smiling.

"Is that amusing to you?" I snapped.

"No, I just think it's funny how angry you get." He said, with a smug look on his face.

"I don't get angry!" I snapped, with an angry look on my face. It only caused him to laugh more, as my face faded into a look of realization. I knew I got angry at him often, even only after meeting him 3 times.

"You need to chill out, and relax. I can help with that." He whispered the last sentence, sending chills down my spine. I gulped, and looked down at my hands. He leaned back into his own seat, as Kristy stood from hers, clanking a wine glass.

"Thank  you for all joining us tonight, it means so much to our new family," She smiled, her eyes twinkling. Harry placed a large hand of his on my thigh, and I pushed it off, uncomfortably. He grinned, shaking his head as he placed it back onto my thigh, causing goosebumps to form all over my body. My breathing shortened, and I sat stiffer, and tenser. I swallowed, trying to force down the lump that was forming in my throat.

"Harry stop." I whispered through clenched teeth, pushing his hand off.

"What's wrong, babe? You know you like it." He smirked. Did I like it? I didn't even know. I haven't really been touched like this before, even if it was just a hand that rested on my thigh. Imagining what else Harry could do turned me on, before I wiped the image out of my mind. What was happening to me? I never thought of these things before Harry, and I barely knew him. I tried my hardest to give my attention to Kristy, but I just couldn't with Harry's warm hand resting on part of my dress, and part of my bare skin. He slowly squeezed my thigh, causing me to yelp. I turned a deep shade of red, as several guests looked at me strangely. Lilly's eyes widened at the sight of Harry next to me. She probably knew why I yelped all of a sudden. All Harry could do at this point was laugh silently at me, and I could already tell it was going to be a long night.

_______________________________

I hope you guys like this story so far, PLEASE tell other people about it! I got someone to add this story to their library, and it honestly made me SO happy! Thank you!