Chapter 17

~Annabel's POV~

I went one week without speaking to Harry. I ignored his phone calls, and text messages for a whole week. And maybe I was over exaggerating but I didn't want to get involved. I knew Lilly was right, and I should be holding myself back from thinking about him, but I just couldn't. It was hard not talking to him. I felt pangs of guilt everytime I'd see his name on my phone. This has been a laid back week. I went to college I think twice that week, and stayed home for the remaining days. I found myself getting exhausted, but I just brushed it off my shoulder.

It was Saturday today, and it was a really nice day out. Sunny, and bright. I sat on my bed, and looked up from my book, out the window. Maybe I'll go do something today. I hated having to sit at home for half my life, it was so boring. I finished a chapter of my book, and slid my bookmark in the book before closing it. I pushed myself off of the bed, and walked over to the drawers, pulling out a pair of distressed jeans, and a button up purple blouse. I slipped on the clothing, and applied some mascara to my lashes, and spritzed perfume on myself, before heading out my bedroom door. I walked into the kitchen, and found my parents sitting at the table.

"Hey sweetie, how're you feeling?" My mother asked, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Fine, where's Josh?" I asked, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"Went out with Cameron, are you going somewhere?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go grab some lunch." I nodded.

"Be safe," My mom warned. I smiled, and rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Mom, I'm 19. I think I know how to handle myself." I smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek, then walking over to my dad, and doing the same.

"I know, I'm just being a mother." She chuckled. "Have fun." She said, looking back down at her computer. I gave a little wave, before walking through the garage door. I drove around the city for a bit, before stopping at a Steak n' Shake.

"Hi, how many?" A tall woman approached me. She was blonde and her cleavage showed through her shirt.

"Just one." I smiled. Her name tag read Riley. She led me over to a table, and I sat, giving her a smile, and thanking her when she handed me the menu.

"Well, look who it is." Even before I looked up from the menu, I knew who it was. Harry Styles.

________________

~Harry's POV~

Did I do something wrong? I've tried calling and texting for one week, and I never got any response back. Was the "date" at the restaurant really that bad? It couldn't have been, because she answered my call after that. When I was at the hospital with my mum. I spent a whole week thinking about what I could've done, to make her not answer my calls. Nothing.

It was Saturday, today. It was a nice day out actually. I woke up, with an aching back, and blinding sunlight streaming through the huge window. I looked over at my mum who stirred slightly on the hospital bed. I stood carefully, and cracked my back. I slipped out of the room, and roamed the hospital halls. I came across several vending machines, and examined the choices, but I ended up not getting anything. This happened a couple more times. I made my way back to my mum's room, to find her still asleep. I sat on the couch, and turned on the tv, on a low volume. It was all commercials about food, and that's when I realized I was starving. My stomach started growling viciously. Mum's eyes blinked open, as she looked over at me smiling.

"Harry," She mumbled.

"How are you, Mum?" I asked, walking over to her.

"Good. Are you hungry?" She chuckled.