Stage 13

It had been a few weeks since I had first encountered the Ice Queen and well....I'm not sure what to now...

" Misty, I don't want to lose you guys..." I whispered to her, as we sat under the tree.

She sighed, and looked at me with soft eyes. " You're not going to lose any of us, got that." she smiled.

I turned to her, and shook my head. " I can tell when a person is bluffing for not, and just by the look in her eyes....she was dead serious...she will do anything to get what she wants." I said.

I looked down and closed my eyes.

" Oh Beetle...why do you put the whole world on your shoulders?" she asked, hugging me tightly.

" Because...someone has to keep this guild together...I..I never been this afraid before..." I whispered, looking now up at the sky as Aincrad flew above us.

We decided it was best to stay out of the castle...at least until we decided what we were going to do. The Ice Queen has never left the castle; so this was the safest place for all of us at this moment of time.

" You don't have to worry about all of us...you have me, Torch, Mimi, and Es now." she smiled.

" You don't understand...I-"

I was cut off by something hidden in the bushes. " Who's there?!" I yelled out.

The movement stopped, and a boy with blond hair stepped out. " How dare you yell at me! I am the warrior of the Wind and Sky, and you talk to me in that tone?" he yelled at me, his eyes glaring at me.

" Who are you?" I ask again.

The boy in the white tux straighten himself out. " My name is Aquila of the Wind...and I am the Second in Command of the Star Lords." he said, in a British accent, bowing in respect.

" Right....never heard of you." I said bluntly.

" What!? How could you have not heard of the great and powerful Slyph of the Star Lords?!" he yelled. " I am a grand warrior!" his eyes flashing with anger now.

" You said you're part of the Star Lords? Did Orion order you to kill me for revenge or something?" I hissed at him.

" Beetle...don't say that..." Misty tried to calm the situation, but the flame was already a bonfire.

" I"m not here to kill you!" he yelled. " I'm here on my own matters of the guild, thank you very much! Now as second in command I need to make sure that the guild is in top condition, but with my leader blinded by revenge on you that...she found him.."

My heart stopped, and my eyes widen with fear. ' She? No...please no..'

" She? You mean-"

Aquila nodded his head, and looked down. " The Ice Queen has gotten into his head, and now I fear the worst is about to happen. Now I must rise to the top and defeat my corrupt leader, but as second in command...I must first do my best to save him." he sighed. Then he looked up at me. " Will you help me?"

I glared at him. " This seems like you're concerned, and besides I have my own guild to worry about." I hissed at him.

Aquila eyes flashed with a tad of mischief in them. " Well, I suppose I tried, and who knows...maybe I'm just too powerful for a puny Spirragan like you." he said, dusting himself off.

I glared a him. I knew what he was trying to do, but it wouldn't work...

" Mean, you did look afraid when I mentioned the Ice Queen, so you would be useless if you suddenly freeze when you see her." he continued to mock me.

" Why are you acting so childish? Only a immature brat would fall for that...someone like your leader." I growled at him.

Aquila looked at me with dark eyes. " Why do you mock my leader?! Okay, so this isn't going to work, so how about we have a fight of arms!" he suggested.

I looked at him, then at Misty. " Just do it, I'm certain it won't be that hard." she smiled.

I rolled my eyes, and sighed. " Fine..but if I win you leave us alone and go deal with your own problems." i growled.

" Then if I win, you must help me." he smirked.

I drew both of my blades, and walked a few feet in front of him.

Aquila smirked, and pulled out his sword, with a crystal blade?

" Wha-"

" Oh this?! This blade was dropped from the Mermaid Queen, it's called the Mermaid's Tear...I got it forged by a very skilled fairy in one of the towns." he smiled. " All you need is the tear of a mermaid, and a fine metal." he smiked. " I see that you have your legendary Twin Fang Blades from the Basilisk."

" Yeah...you definitely know your blades...I'll tell you that." I said, getting into battle stance. " Ready?"

Aquila nodded, and with that our duel commenced. We clashed blades, and what I noticed that his crystal blade stayed quite strong, and fast. I had more weight, but that didn't slow me down one bit.

" Too fast for you?" Aquila mocked me again. I growled.

" You have quite the ego, Aquila...that probably kept you alive all this time! But it will be your downfall!" I yelled then by activating my wings, I took off into the air, and towards the sun.

" What in the name of Queen Elizabeth is this?!" he yelled. " Are you running away from me?"

I smiled, and then I closed my wings, and began to let myself fall....I increased my speed and then turning around I aimed my swords to act as my claws, and my speed aimed at him like a bird hunting the field mouse.

Aquila had no reaction time, and with my blades I killed him. All was left behind me was a small green flame dancing in the wind.

" Misty, bring him back.." I said, placing my blades away.

" Okay.." she smiled, and with her magic that flame disappeared and revealed Aquila again with a defeated look on his face.

" That was very much unexpected." he sighed, then getting to his feet, he turned to bow at me. " That was a very good match...I suppose you are right, and my ego got in the way." he sighed.

" Your speed though, interest me...as well as your blade...but I won..so-"

" So what, come on Beetle, wasn't he like a brother to you or something?" Misty scowled at me, with her silver eyes.

I looked at her wide eyed. " Yeah..but..this is his problem, and he has to figure this out himself!" I said.

" True, but if he doesn't know what the Ice Queen really is, then he could be in grave danger." She said.

I growled, and then glanced at Aquila. " Fine...I'll help wherever I can...how about we join forces on the next Boss perhaps that could help a bit." I said.

" Very well, that would be an honor, fellow Spriaggan, thank you." Aquila smiled, and bowed again.