Stage 58

" Yoko? hey...how are you feeling?" Akio asked, sitting next to her bed. Sayomi and the doctors told him that he was still had to be watched over, but for now he was able to move around more.

"Hey..." she whispered a breathing tube around her nose "I really don't feel anything... But it hurts so much..." she said tears forming as she smiled.

" Hey, shhhhh...it's okay..." he smiled, wiping the tears from her cheek. " I..I'm right here okay, so there's not reason to cry, got that...fighters like you aren't allowed to cry." he said, his voice stern but kind.

She smiled as a few more tears escaped. "Jerk..." she said in a kind tone "Will you stay with me for awhile?" She asked quietly.

Aiko nodded his head, and held her hand, slightly blushing..

" I have to know something, Yoko....when you and I were fighting a few weeks ago.....how..how did you figure out my name...I never told you, and I made sure Torch or Misty didn't tell anyone else..how did you know?" he asked, slightly angry, but more confused.

"I honestly don't know... it was probably a random memory if when I was still inside my mother and she said my dad's name... and I just instinctively said that..." she said as she looked into his eyes.

Aiko froze, and then smiled softly...

" I see, and how you save me...why? I told you, I warned you, and I thought I made it clear when I disappeared from the game that I didn't want you to get involved." he said, his voice breaking. "You should had let me...me die...so I wouldn't have to keep breaking your heart..."

She smiled as more tears came. "It's my choice... I'm a free human... and if I get hurt that's my choice... but it doesn't mean I'll change my mind... because I love to defy expectations..." she said quietly.

Aiko growled, and turned away for a moment.

" Yoko...I...I need to tell you this...." he took a deep breath. " I have a torn heart between two people...both seen pain...and both...love me, but I can't chose because I love them both!" he whispered, tears falling down from his cheeks. " And now....soon..I know I won't have to chose because...I have to go somewhere where I can't return.." he cried.

She carefully took his hand. It was a struggle. But she did it. "Hey... I know it's tough... I've only told you how I felt...I don't expect anything more after that... I merely wanted to clear the air... whatever you decide is your choice...and I'll respect it nonetheless..." she said honestly and quietly.

The tears fell harder down his cheeks. " Yoko...my battle isn't over yet....The Ice Queen has Jinx...and I need to stop her, but...I have to tell you that I have feelings for you too!" he cried. " I just have to tell you before I leave...cause I'm not coming back to this world...I'm going in as Beetle for the last time, and this is me being Aiko to you for the last time.." he smiled sadly the tears falling.

She pulled him in close, their lips meeting, a spark ignited something inside him. He wouldn't deny it.

"Then I thought you at least deserved a kiss before Akio and Beetle leave..." she said quietly.

Akio blushed slightly, and in his heart he hoped that she tried to stop him, but...he knew that this was a sign that he had to go...go face death..one last time.

" Yoko..I'll be with you...even in that other world...just stay strong for me...you got that." he smiled, wiping the tears from his eyes.

She smiled as the tears spilled from her eyes harder and she nodded. "Okay... I promise..." she breathed "I love you, Aiko..." she added

Aiko smiled, and held her hand, but before he left he asked her one more thing. " And promise me one more thing...When I die...don't hold onto me...forget me, fall in love, start a family...grow old, and watch your grandkids grow up...I don't deserve you, but you...you deserve that kind of future." he smiled at her, and then he was gone...

Perhaps for the last time...

She smiled and kept crying as she laid there."I will try..." she breathed, but she knew he was gone.