Stage 67

Yoko was awake as a nurse tended to her, and she saw him her heart beating faster and tears of joy coming.

"Akio..." she breathed.

Aiko heard her voice and opened his eyes slightly. " I guess death didn't want me yet.." he whispered weakly.

Yoko smiled and chuckled. "Dummy..." she said as she just laid there.

Aiko smiled softly, and looked up at the ceiling. " I saw something....on the other side...it wasn't what I expected...It was warm..bright, and fields of golden grass covered the fields...but it was lonely...then I saw her, Yoko.." he whispered softly. " I saw my mother.."

Her eyes widened and smiled softly.

"I'm glad you met her..." she said quietly.

Aiko's smile disappeared for a moment. " I blamed her for something that she couldn't control...and when I saw her...I couldn't help, but forgive her....but.." he paused for a bit. " She gave me a chance to leave that field and find rest...of course that would mean I would had to leave my body without a heartbeat...and die....and to tell you the truth I wanted to leave...I wanted that peace, and safely, but...I couldn't do it cause..." he sighed " I guess I'm a big softy when it comes to people crying over me....and that I had some things I had to take care of this life.....then" he turned to Yoko with calm eyes. " Then there's this girl that I couldn't bear to leave her in a condition like this."

She looked over to him. Her heart beating faster. "Oh? And who is she? She must be pretty special to come back for..." Yoko said smiling a little her cheeks red.

Aiko blushed a bit as well, and his eyes met hers. " Well...I was a bit...no a big jerk to her, but she was the only one that really saw past that...and not only that...her words stabbed my heart...like a blade, and allowed me to see all the blessings in my life...my heart is still chained up inside, but this girl...I think I came back to her because I know she's the one who has the key to open it.....Yoko...I chose you." he said, his voice warm and strong...stronger than ever before.

She smiled happily blushing more as tears of joy came. "Then I'm glad you're here Akio... I choose you too..." she whispered.

Aiko blushed slightly, and chuckled a bit. " Yoko..I never really told you this, but when you left...I...I too was thinking about you..."

She smiled and dried her eyes. "I know... I don't know how but I just knew." She said.

Aiko smiled at her, and closed his eyes. " I promise you...when we get out of this place...we're going to walk out of here together..."