Stage 17

" Aiko...are you sure you're okay...you look really tired...please tell me you didn't stay up all night!" Mizuki lectured me.

I looked at her. " I'm fine, really!" I chuckled, but the shadows under my eyes would tell her otherwise. " Okay...I did sleep..just not really good."

" You're strange, Aiko..I don't know why, but you just are sometimes..." she giggled.

I smiled back. " I suppose I am.."

" What?" she asked.

" Huh?"

" What's up? I mean why are you looking at me like that?" she asked. " You look sad to see me go."

My heart froze when she said 'go'. " No, it's nothing...just..not really feeling like going to school that's all.."

" *gasp* What, since when did the great Aiko Ryuu not wanted to go to school!!!" she gasped sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. " Okay, okay...you don't have to do that...I'm just having an off day." I smiled.

" You sure?" she asked.

" Yes, I am...now you better hurry...or you'll be late." I said, giving her a tight hug and kiss goodbye.

" Haha, okay..I'll see you later, bro!" she giggled, running to her class.

" I'll be here!" I yelled back at her.

' Please...whoever is out there...let no harm come to my sister..'

.

.

.

.

.

" So...how were your test?" Mizuki asked walking down the street.

" Eh....it was okay I guess...I got a hundred on it, but I don't know.." I chuckled. " How was your day?"

" It was fun!" she smiled. I was holding her hand tightly, making sure every coast was clear. " Um...Aiko, why are you holding my hand?"

" Um...nothing, just thought it was best to keep you close today that's all." I said, keeping my guard up.

" Okay..stop what's really the matter here!" she said.

" Nothing! Honestly!" I said back to her.

" I don't like it when people keep secrets from me...it hurts..." she said, her eyes darkening.

I couldn't help but sigh...I didn't want to see her cry.. " Okay, okay...I'm scared for you...I'm afraid that somehow the Ice Queen is going to hurt you, or something.."

" Aiko that silly, she won't hurt me." she said smiling.

" No,no...you don't understands...she will, and you're life in danger...I don't want to lose you, Mimi." I said, I could feel tears appearing at my eyes.

" Brother..." Mimi smiled, and she went up to give me a hug... " You're not going to lose me..."

I hugged her so tightly, I didn't want to let go of her. " Thank you..."

She smiled. " Come on..we better get home quick!" she said, and taking my hand again; we began to walk home.

That was until we reached a shady part of the neighborhood. We would always pass this place in order to get home, and normally there are people out keeping watch, but for some reason....there was no one..

" I don't like this...let's go around." I said, but Mimi wouldn't move. " Mimi!"

" No..I'm sure it's nothing...come on!" she smiled, and began pulling me down the way. I followed her, but kept her close.