Jim Kirk- Birthday (h)

Star Trek One Shot

Being married to a colleague was one thing, but having to live with them whilst working was a whole different scenario.

Everyone knew that you and Jim would get married eventually, you had known each other since you were born and your mother was adamant on the fact that the two of you were childhood sweethearts.

You willingly signed up for the academy of Star Fleet, whilst Jim was more forced to do so but both of you progressed nonetheless.

The Enterprise was on its five-year mission to chart uncharted deep space, with a year left to go and to finish before you got to return home.

It was a great mission, you were insanely close with the crew especially Chekov because you got on so well together.

With it being the weekend, the crew all got days off meaning you and Jim were hiding out in the room you shared together.

However, it was also your birthday and Jim had that mischievous smirk on his face as he sat next to you in bed.

Just as you were about to challenge him on it, he reached down and produced a box from under the bed.

He handed it to you with a smile on his face "Happy birthday my love" he told you before kissing you gently.

"Jim...what is this? I thought we agreed no presents" you couldn't help but smile whilst you spoke.

He shrugged "Yes, well, the crew got you gifts. Your own husband can get you one too" he explained as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

You leant into him "But Jim-" you attempted to protest.

He shook his head "Open it Baby" his words cut you off, with him prompting you to open the present.

You sighed as you opened it, but your smile grew when you realised what it was.

Your ever so loving husband had bought you a photo album; with photos ranging from when you were born, you and Jim as children through to teenagers, your wedding photos and more current ones that included your crew – but more your family.

Memories flooded your mind as you flipped through the pages.

"I hope you like it" Jim whispered in your ear, resting his head on top of yours.

You rolled your eyes "Sometimes I wished you were dead" you joked.

He gasped in shock but wish a smile on his face "Not exactly the reaction I was expecting" his words sounded as if he was offended, however he was fully aware that you were joking.

"Sorry. Jim, it's honestly lovely. Thank you" you told him "You picked such embarrassing photos though" you complained when you came across a particularly embarrassing one.

He chuckled "So that's why you wish me dead" he commented, gently rubbing your shoulder with his hand.

You groaned and tried to hide your face in your husband's chest "You just had to pick the one of five-year-old me, covered in mud and running around like a crazy person" you explained but your voice was muffled due to where you were sitting.

Jim laughed, moving his free hand to rest underneath your chin so that you looked up at him "It's cute" he defended himself.

You glared at him playfully "It is god awful Kirk" you stated.

He shrugged, kissing you again, "Well happy birthday Mrs Kirk. And I love you"

~*~

Written by Hannah.