Sylvanas Windrunner- Resurrection (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

Sylvanas peered over the pile of dead bodies in the pit in front of you both from her makeshift throne. A mountain of alliance soldiers slaughtered without mercy, and with a flick of her elegant fingers the Val'kyr that floated above them commanded their lifeless bodies to rise from the dead, another battalion to fight for the forsaken, doomed to a life of mindless hate and violence for a cause that they do not know and will never understand.

She turned her head to you.

"I need more bodies." She seemed as expressive as ever.

"But... my lady, that was the third pile today, out forces are becoming weaker and weaker and without proper training these-"

"SILENCE!" She snapped. "Incompetent fool." She muttered under her breath. "You will get me more soldiers and we will take this place back into our rightful hands, yes?"

"Yes, my lady." You subserviently obeyed and began to compose a speech in your head explaining why your forces had to continue to fight on even with no food or other supplies.

"You wouldn't want to end up like those... things, would you?" She gestured towards the shuffling abominations that were making their way towards the armament stand, every shred of humanity that they had was now stripped away from them.

"No, my lady."

"Good."

"Because you know tha-"

"Excuse me." You felt a light tugging on the brim of your decorative tabard, you looked down to see a small human child with her hands cupped tightly and her eyes stuck firmly staring at the floor. Lady Windrunner looked most displeased with being interrupted, this little child was lucky she was still alive.

"You know that you should not be here, correct?" You asked her, any human should have been slaughtered by now.

"I know... but I don't know what else to do... I need your help."

"Our help?" Lady Windrunner scoffed and stood up from her temporary throne. "Look at me child."

"I don't want to... please help me." Lady Windrunner grabbed her the innocent child's chin and forced her to look up, but she squinted her eyes as tightly together as she possibly could.

"What do you need?" The little girl slowly un-cupped her hands as Lady Windrunner stepped back, a small lifeless rabbit lay in her hands.

"What is wrong, do you not know how to cook?" Tears slipped through her scrunched-up eyes.

"No! I want you to bring her back to life." Lady Windrunner seemed surprised at her request.

"Little girl, it is not that simple." She became agitated, but even Lady Windrunner had some morals, if she wanted children killing she would not normally do it herself at least.

"But you did it to those men." She remained standing like a pillar.

"Look little girl, the balance between life and death is so intricate, the slightest tip on the scale could turn our world of order into chaos."

"So why do you get to decide?" The little girl had still not opened her eyes.

"Fine..." Lady Windrunner took the bunny from her hands but did not do as promised, instead she took it in one hand and clenched her hand into a fist, the cracks and pops made sent chills down even your lifeless spine, a fire burned in Lady Windrunner's eyes hotter than the heart of Ragnaros, the little girl cupper her ears with her hands and pushed as hard as she could.

"If I ever see you again... that will be you, now go back to your little house and remember, nothing can stop us."

~*~

Written by Aaron.