Kate Beckett- Authors (c)

Castle One Shot

You raised your wine glass to your lips, sipping at the drink. Your date sat opposite you, poking at her dinner with her fork, raising the food to her mouth.

"So, Kate, you're a detective, right?" You smiled, referring to the information she had given you earlier on your dinner date.

Kate nodded her head.

"How was work today?" You asked.

You could never imagine what it would be like to be a detective. Obviously, you knew of the darkness that they would see, especially seen as Kate worked in the homicide department however you couldn't even comprehend what it was like to experience all of that first hand.

"It was a normal day. A murder, an annoying author following me," she shrugged as if both of those statements were any normal run of the mill comments.

"An annoying author," you asked.

Many authors could be kind of annoying depending on what they were writing and how far they were willing to go to get information about their next novel.

"Yeah. Richard Castle. He's basing his new series of novels on me. Although if you have read the Nikki Heat series, know nothing he has written is anything to do with me. If any of it was true it'd mean I'd have done a case in my underwear and had sex with him on my desk, which I think I'd rather gauge my eyes out than actually do," she laughed.

You had read the two books that were published from the Nikki Heat series out of a friendly courtesy to Richard Castle. The two of you had been friends for a while, and you were more than happy to read his work for him before it was published.

"I can only imagine. You seem far classier than Detective Heat," you commented.

She nodded her head, taking a swig from her drink.

"Authors are a pain in my arse. He follows me around in an attempt to get ideas for his writing yet doesn't write anything based on the truth. It is stupid. His whole profession is a laugh honestly," she sighed. "Anyway, enough about my work and colleague. What do you do?"

You bit your lip not sure if you actually wanted to tell her.

"Well actually I'm an author," you smiled sheepishly.

Her eyes widened, not sure what to say to recover all the terrible stuff she had just said about your profession.

"I am terribly sorry, I didn't mean to say that-"

You cut her off with a laugh.

"Don't worry Kate. I know Rick. He is a handful, and I completely understand that he is more than annoying, so don't worry," you chuckled.

"You know Castle?" She asked.

"Yeah. He actually helped me get published first. I knew his first wife, and he tried to make me his third, but I have standards and also don't like men," you shrugged. "I can understand why you would hate authors if you only knew him."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Fandom Imagines and Preferences IIIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें