Tracy McConnell- Gut Feeling (h)

How I Met Your Mother One Shot

When you had been friends with someone for a long time, it was difficult to not give your input when you felt as if something was wrong.

Tracy had been your friend since childhood, and she had been your best friend ever since you met so of course she would want you at her wedding.

You had met Ted, her soon to be husband, a handful of times and whilst you thought he was a decent enough guy you weren't so sure if she was the one for Tracy.

There was no way that you were going to stand in the way of Tracy being happy, but you also couldn't sit on your worries and not say anything when you felt as if you should.

The two of you were in Tracy's hotel room, it was a few days before the wedding, but you had opted to stay with Tracy rather than find your own room.

You couldn't help but sigh as the worries flooded your mind however your actions caused Tracy to look to you with confusion on her face.

"Why the sigh?"

You shook your head. "It's nothing Trace, don't worry."

She rolled her eyes, patting the seat next to her on the sofa in front of the television.

"I don't want to upset you," you stated as you moved to sit next to her.

She shook her head in disagreement. "That's nonsense, we've known each other for too long for that to happen."

You sighed again as you ran everything through your head, trying to figure out how to tell Tracy what you were thinking.

"Come on Y/N, talk to me."

"I don't think Ted is right for you," you rushed out as if you were ripped off a plaster.

The confused expression on Tracy's face only deepened. "What do you mean?"

"Don't get me wrong, I think he's a lovely guy, but I just think he still has feelings for that Robin – I always see him looking at her, he talks about her all the time which is more than he should, and I don't know it's just my gut feeling."

She sighed. "I do see what you mean, but I love him."

"I know you love him Trace, and all I want is to see you happy but a part of me thinks you deserve better than him."

She stared down at her drink before reaching out to hold your hand. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't want to upset you or say the wrong thing or ruin your trust because I know he makes you happy," you explained in a soft tone. "But at the same time, Trace you know how I am with my gut feelings and even if I think he's a good guy I can't change my gut feeling about him."

She sighed, choosing against saying anything in response and you knew she was processing everything you had told her.

You wanted nothing more than for her to be happy, you also didn't want to ruin her wedding, but you would never have forgiven yourself if you hadn't said anything.

"What do I do?"

You pulled her into a hug. "You do what feels right."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request