Piper Wright- Bubble Gum (c)

Fallout 4 One Shot

Everything felt rather hopeless. How were you ever going to solve this? Everyone was suffering, and you hoped that you could help those you met, but it didn't seem as though that could be the case. You had your own problems, but it felt pointless to not help everyone around you.

You had adapted to the Commonwealth quickly, you never thought you possibly could; you were glad you did though. It was a terrifying world, but you were optimistic from the world having started rebuilding itself in a way you were sure people from your time could never have. Diamond City wasn't the most beautiful city by any means, but it was a safe zone for people to thrive and create a community.

Some of the people weren't the nicest but you had quickly befriended Piper Wright whom was a journalist for the newspaper Publick Occurrences, well the founder and only journalist for it. She was a strong-willed woman, but her optimism and headstrong attitude was what made you click the most, instantly becoming best friends when you met outside the gates of Diamond City.

She wanted to help people and find the truth, making you a perfect team to try and help people whilst also attempting to find your son and justice for the death of your husband. Even if you both wanted to do the best for others, it had become harder and harder, having to travel to dangerous lands and with threats at every corner it was impossible to not doubt yourself.

"Next we need to travel to Goodneighbour and there's supposed to be someone there that can help us get a step closer to the Institute, but we also need to go back to Sanctuary as Preston has a new settlement whom need help, it's just one thing after another," you sighed, jotting down things onto your map, so you knew where to go and what to do in the different areas that were required for you to visit to help someone.

"It'll be okay Blue," Piper smiled at you, packing up her bag to travel with you.

"Whenever we finish one thing, and help one person, two more need help, it's never ending. Don't get me wrong Piper, I want to help people, but it just feels like it's futile and we aren't actually making the world a better place," you frowned.

She stood up, walking over to you, to give your shoulder a gentle slap.

"Just helping one person is doing something good. It may not change the world, but it certainly changes their world," she smiled. "It's going to be okay."

"I hope so," you sighed. "I hope so."

She reached into her pocket and handed you a strip of bubble gum. "To keep your spirits up."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.