Francis- Sickness (c)

Reign One Shot

You were of noble blood, having been raised amongst other nobility and royalty within the French Court. Unlike most women, you were thrilled with your father's choice in husband, even if it was for his political gain, however you had been friends with Francis since you were a child and loved him dearly, so there was no issue in your marriage. Granted it was strange at first but after two years of marriage, you were the King and Queen of France and happier than you could have ever imagined.

Over the last couple of weeks, things hadn't been as pleasant. You had fallen ill. Nothing too terrible, you were certain it was nothing more than a stomach bug, however Francis worried that it wasn't as simple. He called in the local physician to look you over, even if you assured him you were fine. It wasn't anything more than being sick; due to how long it had continued though he worried as did your lady's maid.

Francis left you alone in the room with the physician, whom you apologised to for wasting his time. He run a few tests, but he was sure of his diagnosis and it was better than you could have imagined.

He gave you his best wishes before leaving, allowing your husband to enter the room so you could tell him what was causing your sickness.

"My Love are you okay?" He asked hurriedly, coming to your bedside to hold your hand.

"He says it is a long-term illness," you said softly, trying to keep a straight face.

Francis' eyes widened as he squeezed your hand.

"Is it fatal?" He questioned, tears beginning to brim in his eyes.

You shook your head. "No. He believes it will come to its end... in about nine months."

Francis looked utterly confused. You could see his thoughts going through his head before everything clicked and a smile curled onto his lips.

"Are you..." he trailed off, unable to talk through the immense grin on his face.

"Yes, Love." You grinned uncontrollably. "We are going to be parents."

Without a second of thought, Francis threw his arms around you, pressing a kiss to your forehead, holding you as tight as possible. It was a far better diagnosis than either of you had expected. You had been trying for a baby since your wedding; it seemed as though it wasn't going to happen, so the two of you were overjoyed to know you were to have a family soon.

"I love you," he smiled warmly.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.