Ciri- Spar (a)

Witcher One Shot

Ciri giggled as she rung out the cloth.

"You need to work on your form, isn't fighting a harpy one of the first things you learned in Kaer Morhen?" She wiped the washcloth along your back and plunged it back into the bucket, the clear water turned red along with the cloth. The fresh wounds on your back burnt and stung. "You know, the next time you fight a horde of Erynias, you might not want to turn your back to them."

"The youngling got me by surprise!" You contested as she ran the cloth along your back once more.

"Of course, it did honey." She swept up your swords of steel and silver that should have helped you defeat the monster, along with your blood-stained tabard and hung them on the wall, placing them amongst arsenal of ornate axes, maces and scythes, she threw the tabard into a bucket of soapy water. "Come on..." she grabbed your cracked and stained hands and pulled you from the chair "...were sparring, choose your weapon." She gestured towards the wall, grabbing her own razer-sharp zireal and placing it in the dark leather sheath that sat on her back.

"Ciri, please, I am tired, can we spar in the morning?"

"No no, come on now, you know the rules. You come back injured, we spar. Maybe next time you will not be as foolish." You scanned the wall, pondering which choice would prove the most useful, as Uncle Vesemir always droned on at you about, preparation was ninety-percent of a battle.

"Hurry up..." Ciri complained as she tied up her ashy hair into a messy bun and tied up her chipped, leather boots. "... Fine, will pick for you." She reached her hand out onto the wall and grabbed the first thing her hand touched, a rather large axe that was given as a gift by a trader in Novigrad, gold flecked onto the soot black handle and scorched blade. Giving you the axe was the least he could do for you after you fought off the gang of ruffians that attacked his caravan.

"Fine..." You groaned as you slung the axe over your back, something creaked and it was unclear whether it was the handle of the weapon or your aged spine "...we spar until blood is drawn?"

Ciri laughed as she waltzed into flowered courtyard. "Is there any other way to spar?"

~*~

Written by Aaron