Ted Mosby- Tickle (h)

How I Met Your Mother One Shot

You could never have imagined that by the time you were in your mid-twenties, you would be engaged and already have a child.

And yet, you were beyond happy with your fiancé along with your little girl who you loved too much to even describe.

Ted had been a friend to begin with, but as you got to know him it was the cliché way of falling for him and eventually ending up together.

Your daughter hadn't been planned however it was most definitely a happy accident.

Ted was an amazing father, and your daughter already had him wrapped around her little finger.

It had been a relatively quiet day.

You were situated on the sofa, whilst Ted was sat on the floor in front of Y/D/N as she lay on her small play mat.

"I'm gonna tickle you," Ted spoke in a baby voce to her as he lightly tickled her sides. She giggled away, looking up at him, "Yes my sweet girl."

You couldn't help but smile at him "She can't understand you love," you reminded him.

He turned around, playfully glaring at you, "She can."

You poked him in the back with your foot, "Ted, she's three months old. She doesn't have a clue," you explained as you laughed a little.

Ted picked Y/D/N up, resting her against his knees as he brought them up close to his chest, "But she knows we love her."

You nodded your head even though he couldn't see "She does," you told him. He then continued to tickle her causing you to poke him again "Stop tickling her."

"Why?" he questioned, doing as you said.

You stood up from your spot on the sofa, "Because she needs a nap. Hopefully she'll go down."

Ted turned his attention back to Y/D/N "Mummy is gonna take you Babygirl," he spoke in that same baby voice to her.

Picking her up, you cradled her against your chest as you walked into the bedroom that you and Ted shared – it was where her crib was placed.

When she was settled, you walked back into the lounge where Ted had moved to the sofa so you sat down next to him.

He slipped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you into him for a cuddle.

"How is she already three months old?" he mused to himself.

You laughed and looked up at him "That's kind of how time works Ted."

He rolled his eyes at you "Oh ha ha. Very funny," he had sarcasm in his voice when he talked.

You smiled innocently "I know I am," you stated, "You're not marrying me for my cooking."

~*~

Written by Hannah.