Zach Mitchell- Fur Baby (h)

Jurassic World One Shot

You had never really imagined what it would be like for your parents to decide they didn't want to be together anymore – you had no reason to.

Until the time came where your parents sat you down, and explained that they were splitting up which hit you hard but you knew they would be better off going their own ways.

Your boyfriend's parents had invited you to come and live with them, due to you being eighteen you were allowed to make your own choices, and you had been dating Zach for over four years by that point.

It had taken some getting used to; not just staying for one night, moving all of your stuff into his room, actually becoming a part of the family.

With it being a Sunday morning, everyone was lying in apart from Gray who was up at the crack of dawn wanting to read or go out or watch something.

You were sat up against the headboard, scrolling through your phone, whilst Zach was still lying down with his arm swung over your lap.

"So, what's the latest on your parents?" Zach questioned, turning his head slightly to look up at you.

Just as you were about to answer, a text from your Dad came through causing you to laugh "They are currently arguing about who gets the custody of Smokes" you told him – leaving out the colourful choice words your Dad used to describe the altercation.

Zach laughed but it was laced with sleep "You mean your cat?" he quizzed out of confusion.

You nodded with a smile on your face "The one and the same" you confirmed.

Your boyfriend rolled his eyes "Why on earth are they arguing about him?" he still sounded confused whilst he spoke.

"Smokes is old now, but he was around a few months before me so he's kinda like their kid too" you explained.

Zach rolled his eyes once again "He's a cat" he stated, not seeming to get the fact that Smokes had been a beloved pet.

"He's a fur baby. There is a difference" you commented, placing your phone on your bedside table.

Zach groaned, moving so that his head was in your lap "Smokes can come live here" he suggested, but his voice was muffled.

You laughed, running a hand through his hair, "They wouldn't let that happen. They didn't even want me here" you sighed after having talked.

It was true that your parents weren't fond of the idea of you moving in with Zach and his family.

They thought it was a bad idea, even though you had been with Zach since you were fourteen, they had their doubts. Sure, they thought Zach was a great kid and were happy for you being happy but that didn't mean they wanted their daughter moving in so soon.

Zach turned so that he was looking up at you, intertwining his hand with yours, "Well they can argue over their fur baby, whilst I get my baby right here" he had a smirk on his face as he spoke.

You rolled your eyes but smiled down fondly at your boyfriend "You're such a romantic git" you told him.

He continued to smirk "Who you love" he commented.

"I love Smokes too" you stated, a trace of a smirk on your face.

Zach sighed and pretended to look annoyed "You're living with me, not the cat" he reminded you.

You couldn't help but smile as you nodded in agreement "I'm glad to be here Zach. I can't believe your parents actually offered" you voiced a thought that had been swirling around your head since you moved in.

Sighing again, Zach finally sat up before pulling you around so that you were straddling his lap "You're the daughter they never had" he pressed a kiss to your nose after saying his point.

You giggled, wrapping your arms around his neck, "Maybe even daughter-in-law" you suggested making Zach chuckle.

His hands rested on your thighs whilst he smiled at you "One day Baby"

~*~

Written by Hannah.