Joey Tribbiani- House (h)

FRIENDS One Shot

It wasn't ever frowned upon as such, but the fact that Joey had managed to fall for you out of every single girl he'd ever dated hadn't exactly gained the best responses.

The fact that you were Rachel's little sister, and of course friends with everyone in the group, had been the main reason as to why you'd kept your feelings for Joey a secret – not even telling Rachel, when you basically told her everything.

Joey had only found out about how you felt because he had quizzed you as to why you hadn't dated anyone since you had moved out to New York, and you'd got frustrated with him and blurted it out.

Since then you and Joey had been together, it had had its ups and downs of course but you loved him and couldn't be happier to have him as your husband.

Despite being married, you and Joey still lived in the apartment across the hall from Monica and Rachel.

Chandler had moved out after yours and Joey's wedding, he lived with Monica and Rachel, but Rachel was planning to move in with Ross because of Emma.

You'd never really thought that much about leaving the apartment, but something had changed your mind recently.

You were yet to tell Joey that you had recently found out you were pregnant.

Joey was due home soon, and you had busied yourself with looking at houses for sale in the nearby neighbourhoods.

You were so lost in your own thoughts that you hadn't heard the door open or close – only coming out of your thoughts when you felt Joey's hand on your shoulder.

"Why are you looking at houses Babe?"

Turning to face him, you smiled up at him. "Because I think it's time we got somewhere bigger."

Joey had a confused look on his face but sat down next to you on the bar stools. "We're just fine here."

"We were Joe – now, not so much."

He sighed, still seeming quite confused. "What are you on about?"

You reached out to place your hand on his thigh. "I'm pregnant Joe – the doctor confirmed it this morning."

"You're serious?"

When you nodded your head, your husband shot up from his seat and pulled you into his arms.

Before you got a chance to talk to him again, he had let go of you and ran out of the door to go through to Monica's apartment.

You quickly went after him, and found the whole gang staring at you whilst Joey was doing a happy dance in the middle of the kitchen.

"What's gotten into him?" Chandler asked, both confused and amused at Joey's behaviour.

Joey turned to you seeming nervous, but you smiled at him in encouragement – you had only wanted to tell Joey first, so you had no issue with the rest of your friends knowing.

"I'm going to be a Dad!" he announced with excitement in his tone.

As soon as those words left Joey's mouth, everyone turned to you in shock.

"I'm going to be an Aunt?" your sister questioned, and a smile broke out on her face when you nodded in confirmation.

They all got up and hugs were given along with words of congratulations.

You just couldn't help but smile because you knew how loved your child was going to be.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request