Baron Revilgaz- Tavern (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

The humidity was suffocating but was nowhere near as harsh as the rest of the Stranglethorn valley, Deadly beasts ready to pounce at any time, the ancient tribes of trolls parading and guarding their crumbling ruins and hordes of murlocs rampaging along the breezy shorelines. The straps of your backpack dug deeply into your shoulders and sweat ran down your sticky face, but Booty Bay was not too far away and Baron Revilgaz was willing to pay top gold for anybody willing to thin the ranks of the bloodsail buccaneers, a devastating group of pirates looking to overthrow the coastal city.

The cove of Booty Bay looked incredible, the hut-like buildings housed merchants selling all sorts of exotic treasures, never seen before. Of course, most of the population was goblins which made you slightly uneasy thanks to their... slightly untrustworthy nature but you knew that Baron Revilgaz only allowed safe passage to trustworthy adventurers, such as yourself.

Your cracked lips almost seemed to tingle upon spotting the sign for a tavern, the salty sailor, stopping for one small ale and a small meal couldn't hurt and it wasn't as if you were just going to stumble upon Baron Revilgaz anyway, it would probably be a good few days before you even found anyone who knew where he was. The steps of the tavern squeaked and groaned as you made your way up the stairs that separated you from a sweet drink. Upon reaching the top of the stairs you shouted over to the barkeep.

"Stranglethorn's finest ale please and whatever you have that is fresh, fish I presume?" Stranglethorn was known over the whole of Azeroth for it's bountiful fishing harvest and its variation within it, the best cooks would travel across the world for a single taste.

There was however... no barkeeper there.

"Hello, barkeeper?"

"Whadya want?" A nasally voice called out from behind the counter, yet nobody seemed to be there.

"An ale and whatever you recommend off the menu... please?"

"Yeah... whatever, coming up." A small, dusky green goblin hopped up on a stool and poured a long draft of ale.

"We got crackers and mackerel." He scoffed, not lifting his head up.

"I guess ill take it then." You dropped your sack at your feet as you walked up to the bar and leant over.

"Say... you wouldn't happen to know where I might find the bigshot that runs this port? A small tip for your service might loosen your tongue?" A small sack of gold found it's way into your outstretched hand.

"What? The Baron? He's there..." He pointed with yellowed and misshapen fingernails to a door, where another goblin stood overlooking his supposed empire, you turned back around to grab your drink and the goblin along with your sack of gold had disappeared.

~*~

Written by Aaron.