Cait- Lunch (c)

Fallout 4 One Shot

Having travelled from The Combat Zone, where you found Cait, you had went through the Commonwealth until you reached Diamond City. It had been a long trek and you had made many stops on the way, but you needed somewhere that was safe to rest up and gather more supplies before continuing on and moving through the rest of the Commonwealth. You had been to Diamond City more than once and knew most people who were there however Cait had never been there, having spent most of her time as a fighter in the Combat Zone.

"Come on, let's grab some food and then we can find somewhere to stay tonight," you smiled warmly at Cait.

She was very cautious about your friendship, assuming you wanted something for it, however you were helping her out of the kindness of your heart as that is what friends did.

"Doesn't look like there's many places for lunch around here," she commented. "How'd they make a place like this? No ghouls, no raiders, no super mutants, it doesn't seem right."

You gave her a smile. "It must have taken a lot of work, but it's a safe place that welcomes anyone as long as you're not a mutant, or a synth."

"No problems there," she grinned.

Leading Cait down the steps, you took her over to Power Noodles where you were planning to buy her lunch. Really there weren't many options, you could have gone to the Dugout Inn, but they had limited food supplies, mainly just liquor, or there was Polly's but that was raw meat, so noodle cups were the best option for the two of you.

"Take a seat, I'll grab some food," you smiled, gesturing to one of the stools.

Cait nodded and went to take a seat as you approached Takahashi.

"Afternoon Takahashi," you said warmly even though you knew as a protectron, he couldn't care less.

"Nan-ni shimasho-ka?" He responded.

"Two noodle cups please."

He placed the two noodle cups onto the work surface as you gave him the caps to pay for the food. Picking up the noodles, you walked them over to Cait, placing one in front of Cait and one in front of you as you took a seat.

Cait put her hand in her pocket, pulling out some caps to hand to you.

"Nonsense, my treat," you smiled.

"What'd do you mean?" She questioned.

"You're my friend, so I'm buying you lunch," you explained.

She cocked an eyebrow at you, confused as to why you had shown her so much kindness.

"Why are you so nice to me?" She asked.

"You're my friend, I wouldn't be any sort of friend unless I was being nice to you."

She smiled slightly. "Thank you for everything."

"You don't need to thank me."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.