William Thacker- Mr Popular (h)

Notting Hill One Shot

Somehow, you had managed to convince yourself that a relationship where everything was insanely amazing just wasn't possible.

It was the type of relationship you had always wanted, and the one you envied in the movies where it all seemed to be such a great thing.

However, for you, things had changed a little over second months ago when a guy managed to dump his coffee down your shirt.

Of course, you had forgiven him and you suggested another coffee whilst you borrowed his jacket in order to cover up the rather large brown stain.

Seven months down the line, you and William were in a relationship which was something that was making you insanely happy.

Even though William had his housemate Spike there practically every night, it was most nights that you stayed with him and it was surprising that you were yet to meet any of his friends.

Spike had been absolutely lovely to you since the first night you stayed and, despite his somewhat strange comments, he was a great guy.

The night prior you had stayed at William's due to you having been there all day, and him then insisting that it was too late for you to go home so you should just stay – to which you weren't complaining.

An arm was over your waist and another under your head when you woke up.

To begin with, your eyes needed to adjust to the sunlight streaming in through the curtains at the window.

Once your eyes were used to the light, your gaze settled on your boyfriend who was still fast asleep in front of you.

It was a habit of William's to keep you in his arms whilst the two of you were sleeping, and you had never minded apart from the times where you needed to use the bathroom but your boyfriend's arm was firmly around you.

You lay there for a few minutes, not wanting to wake William but soon enough he woke up on his own accord.

He smiled when he realised you were already awake "Well good morning Love" he greeted, his voice laced with sleep.

You smiled back at him "Good morning to you too" you answered before he leant forward to gently press a kiss to your lips.

William pulled you closer to him, eventually ending in him lying on his back whilst you rested your head on his chest.

Your boyfriend kept his free hand rubbing up and down your bare arm, due to the other hand being intertwined with yours.

"How about...we just stay in bed all day" he suggested, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

You nodded in agreement "That sounds like a great idea" you stated as you cuddled up to him.

He hummed in contentment, pressing another kiss to the top of your head.

The two of you ended up in a comfortable silence, no words needing to be spoken and simply enjoying one another's company.

Suddenly, the door to William's bedroom was flung open causing the both of you to jump in surprise.

Spike was stood to the side of the bed, looking slightly sheepish as having barged in.

"Oh sorry" he apologised, his strong welsh accent shining through "It's just...Will, your mates are here" he explained himself.

Spike then left after delivering his message; William groaned, moving his hand from your arm and running it through his hair.

You sat up from your position, and looked down at your boyfriend "Come on Mr Popular. No staying in bed for us"

~*~

Written by Hannah.