Nick Valentine- The Bank (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

The two raiders, covered in dried blood and soot stood guard at the banks entrance, pacing backwards and forwards, armed to the teeth. The whirring of mechanical turrets echoed throughout the building. But, good money had been spent on sending you here, so you had to make it through somehow. The two front guards were easily taken out, a few shots to the chest each.

Fighting your way through the bank was slightly more challenging, but you still made it through unscathed, a few bruises and a scrape on your arm was nothing.

Tucking yourself into one of the toilet stalls to hide, you pulled out the note given to you by the informant.

It had a few simple lines on the page. 'Commonwealth Bank. The vault.' But... that was it. No name, no description, nothing. Hopefully it would be obvious when you got there.

The vault was hidden behind a monstrous steel door, you skimmed around the room but it didn't appear that there was any way inside. The door was linked to a terminal, but it had long since been destroyed. You had no key, no secret book to pull to make the door swing open. Nothing.

You turned to leave, to find another way inside, maybe a secret tunnel? A voice called out from inside the vault... 'Hello! Is that someone out there? I heard gunfire. I'm in the vault. They keep the key under the top right floor tile.'

You walked over into the corner of the room, and just as the voice had said, a small key sat just under the tile. It fit perfectly into the keyhole that sat just off-centre on the door, with a turn and a click the door stood ajar.

You just about managed to collect all your strength to pull it open, revealing a man , well, a synth, sat tied tightly to a chair.

"Ah... so you managed to find me?"

"It looks like it doesn't it? So, should I presume you're the target?" The man chuckled to himself.

"The target eh? Ellie needs to be more specific when she is sending me saviors."

"Ellie?" You questioned.

"Young girl, brown hair and eyes?" You nodded. "Yeah, she is always scared to reveal herself to the likes of you."

"The likes of me? Maybe choose your words more carefully when you're tied up to a chair, just because I kill people for money doesn't make me a bad guy." You cut the ropes that bound him, allowing him to stand up and stretch.

"Okay..." he said "here is your money and... this never happened... okay? People know I got into trouble and suddenly my case file is dry and im begging for caps."

"Woah, you want this quiet, you owe me some more caps I think."

He chuckled again and pulled a cigarette out of his stained trench coat.

"Stop by my office in Diamond City, I am sure we can sort out something. I could always use a more permanent team mate for the dirty jobs."

~*~

Written by Aaron.